Attachments
dynosheet.pdf
(206.88 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
2_25 tune 4.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
nissangts

Re: resuits from my sr20det

Post by nissangts »

What were your AFRs? Timing looks pretty Low, what octane fuel you were on?
speedemon

Post by speedemon »

My af is about 15-15.5 at cruse 13.7-14.3 idle and 11 under boost
I'm running 93 octaine
nissangts

Post by nissangts »

speedemon wrote:My af is about 15-15.5 at cruse 13.7-14.3 idle and 11 under boost
I'm running 93 octaine
If you are on 93oct, I believe you should be able to run a little more timing especially after 5k. It would be great if you had access to knock sensing equipment, would be a plus. Could pick up quit a few more ponies.
speedemon

Post by speedemon »

so you think if i installed a new knock senor where i could watch it i could ad more timing and more power?
nissangts

Post by nissangts »

Yes indeed a knock sensing device would help GREATLY. I actually did some adjustments to your bin already.
sr20truck

Post by sr20truck »

PL has a thread involving diy knock sensing for cheap and effective results on this forum. with a little tweaking you can hook it up to your knock warning panel and have it auto tune the timing map as I read from here too. personally daring to tread here but not at that tuning level yet so it will have to wait.

We have nearly the same setup. I looked at your map assuming I'm dealing with an s13 sr20det red top motor. Why does your ttpmax pulsewidth go sky high? I know its automatic by the program when changing injectors. Does your motor flood upon acceleration past 4000? Mine does and I'm lost and angry. I suppose not being as you're happy with what you have here.

Your air flow meter is not detected for some reason. Never saw that before. I'll just assume its an orange n62 z32 whatever and continue. Maybe you adjusted maf translation yourself further?

Do you have issues starting? Does it stall at times before reaching operating temps? I saw those tables were left alone in majority.

Do you really reach the right hand side of your fuel map? 220 wow!

I see you have a respectable power curve. Does it feel like a lack of engine power at high load with low rpm like it needs to "catch"?

I recall the moderators mentioned latency is not such a big deal at high load but can be played with for idle purposes. did you go by the book or change it?

Nice to see your k is close to stock. mine is at 35000 with 580cc and z32 afm. I suspect an issue somewhere in mine. fuel pressure by tomei L type confirmed 3bar. latency as per ansu 700us

What spark plugs do you have specifically? gap?

Kindly lend an ear and give me/us/all some feedback. Anyone else feel free to donate knowledge too.
nissangts

Post by nissangts »

sr20truck wrote:PL has a thread involving diy knock sensing for cheap and effective results on this forum. with a little tweaking you can hook it up to your knock warning panel and have it auto tune the timing map as I read from here too. personally daring to tread here but not at that tuning level yet so it will have to wait.

We have nearly the same setup. I looked at your map assuming I'm dealing with an s13 sr20det red top motor. Why does your ttpmax pulsewidth go sky high? I know its automatic by the program when changing injectors. Does your motor flood upon acceleration past 4000? Mine does and I'm lost and angry. I suppose not being as you're happy with what you have here.Post your map, maybe we can help

Your air flow meter is not detected for some reason. Never saw that before. I'll just assume its an orange n62 z32 whatever and continue. Maybe you adjusted maf translation yourself further? It appears to be a Z32maf that has probably been tweaked

Do you have issues starting? Does it stall at times before reaching operating temps? I saw those tables were left alone in majority.

Do you really reach the right hand side of your fuel map? 220 wow!That is sort of high yes, being that it might be a Z32 maf, @17psi it doesn't visit that tp, my experience would say 80+tp

I see you have a respectable power curve. Does it feel like a lack of engine power at high load with low rpm like it needs to "catch"?

I recall the moderators mentioned latency is not such a big deal at high load but can be played with for idle purposes. did you go by the book or change it?

Nice to see your k is close to stock. mine is at 35000 with 580cc and z32 afm. I suspect an issue somewhere in mine. fuel pressure by tomei L type confirmed 3bar. latency as per ansu 700us

What spark plugs do you have specifically? gap?

Kindly lend an ear and give me/us/all some feedback. Anyone else feel free to donate knowledge too.
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

speedemon wrote:my car made 360whp and 311wtq at 17psi
my mods are:
Garrett GT2871r .86
Brain Crowner 264 cams
Nismo 740cc injectors
3" turbo back ehaust no cat
stock intake
stock ehaust manifold
I've included my dyno sheet and bin file
tell me what you think
The turbo front housing is too small, be careful adding timing when your IAT's are close to melt down. else the intake cam is not dialed in correctly.
speedemon

Post by speedemon »

PL has a thread involving diy knock sensing for cheap and effective results on this forum. with a little tweaking you can hook it up to your knock warning panel and have it auto tune the timing map as I read from here too. personally daring to tread here but not at that tuning level yet so it will have to wait.ill have to look into that

We have nearly the same setup. I looked at your map assuming I'm dealing with an s13 sr20det red top motor.yes it is an sr20det redtop
Why does your ttpmax pulsewidth go sky high? I know its automatic by the program when changing injectors. Does your motor flood upon acceleration past 4000?it pulls like hell at 5k and above i just wish it didn't lag so much i can feel it pulling at 3k but at 5k you really feel it push you in the seat Mine does and I'm lost and angry. I suppose not being as you're happy with what you have here.

Your air flow meter is not detected for some reason. Never saw that before. I'll just assume its an orange n62 z32 whatever and continue. Maybe you adjusted maf translation yourself further? i had a buddy help me tune it and im not really sure why its like that ill have to ask him i have him help me case this is the first time i was doing this and i was lost and now im trying to reverse engineer what he did so i can tune and tweek on my car

Do you have issues starting? no the only thing is that i have to tap the pedel once i hit the key to get it to catch
Does it stall at times before reaching operating temps?no its fine I saw those tables were left alone in majority.

Do you really reach the right hand side of your fuel map? 220 wow! i need to run it and log it for my self to see

I see you have a respectable power curve. Does it feel like a lack of engine power at high load with low rpm like it needs to "catch"?no like i said it feel a little laggy

What spark plugs do you have specifically? gap?NKG Iridium IX heat 7 gap .22inch

speedemon

Post by speedemon »

bachig24u wrote:The turbo front housing is too small, be careful adding timing when your IAT's are close to melt down. else the intake cam is not dialed in correctly.
huh please dumb that down for me a little
sr20truck

Post by sr20truck »

Turns out my issue is boost control not being setup properly. I overlooked it. Greddy profec spec b 2. A real pain so far and mixed with a turbosmart 38 wastegate. hooked up currently pressure source to (com) and (no) port to bottom port on wg with top being vented of wg. idle vaccuum has raised slightly with this to 7.7psi from previous setup using all ports. Have better results this way and things are actually controllable now without it spiking to 16psi everytime.

Any results on your logging? I mean how far to the right of your fuel map does it reach? I got a feeling/hint that the guy who tuned it for you rushed through it and made some guesses.
speedemon

Post by speedemon »

it hits around 85 and no more i think im going to revamp my maps where i can fine tune it
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

speedemon wrote:
bachig24u wrote:The turbo front housing is too small, be careful adding timing when your IAT's are close to melt down. else the intake cam is not dialed in correctly.
huh please dumb that down for me a little
Intake air temp (IAT) needs to measured if you make that sort of horsepower and see a plateau at 6000 with a BC264 grind.

I would be reluctant to add ignition timing just because it seems a little low by persusing the ign map until I knew why the engines torque production virtually started to fall so early.

The exhaust flow could be the reason but until you measure the IAT, its best to find the answer rather experience the outcome.
nissangts

Post by nissangts »

speedemon wrote:it hits around 85 and no more i think im going to revamp my maps where i can fine tune it
Have you tried the new bin?