All adjustment parameters are MAXed out

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Caspers_240

All adjustment parameters are MAXed out

Post by Caspers_240 »

Hi, my name is Jody, and i am a ECU tuning newb :)

So I changed injectors to 370s... i was adjusting the injector multiplier and the laptop died (already burned the image to the ecu) brought it back up (on a different laptop) and all of my cells on my fuel map are in RED and reading 9.something... Trace / fallow is no longer working and my wideband goes from 10's to 18's with very little throttle input. All adjustment parameters are MAXed out in one direction or another. I tried to start from scratch with the factory address but Nistune said something about out of sync and would disconnect consult everytime i tried to sync the ECU. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

you need to either

(a) sync the image from the ECU back to your PC and hopefully all the maps are in there

(b) load the image matching the ECU from our ROM image pack (matching the Nissan part number reported by the ECU when you connect) and then sync those maps into the ECU and then redo the injector resize

try option (a) first
Caspers_240

Post by Caspers_240 »

I'll try that again today and let you know... For some reason I couldn''t find the images on the second laptop I was using (I've loaded the rom folder on to my thumb drive now). Mine is in about 82 pices so I'm having to borrow from friends. Thanks!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

sheez you've got the laptop in pieces?!

good luck with getting it back together. i've had two of my dells in pieces... the newer ones are easier to put back together than the older ones
Caspers_240

Post by Caspers_240 »

Yea... One of my boys triped over the power wire and dropped it on the pwr cord. Busted the inside so it wouldn't charge...

But what could I have done to make all the maps max out like that? And stop reading rt trace? One thing I know I did wrong is I didn't 0 out the closed loop cells when adjusting the idle afr.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

wrong address file? usual suspect but not sure otherwise
Caspers_240

Post by Caspers_240 »

Thats EXACTLY what it was! I was actually logging on to let you guys know. :]
its running a lot better now, just super rich 10.5-11.?. now i need to adjust my latency and install my DLP thing so i can log some AFR's! This is actually fun... Does that make me a dork? :?
Thanks Matt; awesome product and support!