New, cannont connect to conzult Z32

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

91300zxttkid

New, cannont connect to conzult Z32

Post by 91300zxttkid »

Hello,
This is George, I'm a newbie to Nisune however if I understood the directions I soldered the connectors in the correct places, I turn the key to the on position, fuel pump dose not prime.
I click the conzult tab and it goes through the comm 1 and comm 3 but still dosent connect.
I attempted to start the car and it did very roughly start and when it did idle it was at a 10.0 AFR according to AEM Eugo.

I have the drivers for USB Conzult cable.

The red indicator on the cable box stays lit, when I click on the conzult tab the green flickers for a second but that's it.

Not sure where to start troubleshooting.
thanks
-George
PL

Post by PL »

Hi George,

Matt is away at present so I'll attempt to help.

Your ECU is in limp home mode. Any Nissan ECU will stop consult communication if it goes into limp home.

There must be a problem with the installation of the board (I'm assuming you bought the NIStune board with a pre-programmed base image so we can effectively discount this).

About all you can do is double check your work. Make sure solder joints are all clean and then inspect under a good light with an eyeglass. Make sure there is no damage to pads/tracks and also no shorts between pins and/or vias near the area of interest.

Also ensure that the board is correctly plugged in - no bent pins etc.

Also check the 4 way flying lead. Pin one (marked on the little white connector) should go to pin "D" on the motherboard.

Hope this was of some help.

Regards
Pete L
91300zxttkid

Post by 91300zxttkid »

Thanks for the response PL,
I took half day off work so I can take out the ecu again and try to re solder the connections better, hopefully that will work fingers crossed.
-George
91300zxttkid

Post by 91300zxttkid »

Alright I re-soldered the connections and she fired right up.

Stinks going from a 15psi chip down to stock 8psi.. But i'm super happy shes running.

The car seems to idle lower then normal and lean at idle, around a 16.3 afr (aem eugo)

My next question is how do I hook up and connect my aem eugo to nistune for logging?

again, thanks for the help PL
-George
PL

Post by PL »

WB setup is in the NIStune Software Installation and Users Manual but basically:

- Hook your wideband into a port on your laptop
- Under File, Configuration in NIStune:
- select your wideband type and port
- select location for wideband lookup tables

You'll find the lookup tables under C:\Program Files\NIStune\Wideband

Once your wideband is powered up hit the "WB O2 LH" button on the top bar in NIStune to connect.

There are various display options under "Operations" but I usually like to just use the "Knock/Warning" panel as it gives me a nice big green readout that I drag to the top right corner of my screen to keep an eye on the mixtures.

I use an Innovate LM1 but your setup should be similar.

PL
91300zxttkid

Post by 91300zxttkid »

Great, i got that I just keep an eye on the aem gauge.
The logger on nistune dosent really give me anything I can read.. On my buddys Megasquirt ems you can go thru the log using the arrow keys and it gives u the a/f and rpm's ect ect..

Also when I tried to change one of the fuel map cells I had an error message that said something about needing to re sycronise my nistune or something?

Also while driving with nistune running and consult connected it will disconnect at least 4 times and I have t hit consult again and t fires back up again..

Just some things I've noticed that I dont like so far.
-George
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Make sure you resynchronise the ECU (sync button) to PC before making changes... this is a safety feature (nistune has detected there may be a difference between maps in softaware and those in the ECU)

As for consult disconnecting, there has been some discussion on here before about this, but basically electrical noise can cause corrupt data on the lines. Make sure grounds are clean and secure from battery to engine and chasis, and your ignition system wiring is good. It can cause these problems even with standard consult cable
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

btw the logger will show you everything on playback and CTRL + LEFT/RIGHT arrow will scroll through the logs. More info in the software manual regarding this
91300zxttkid

Post by 91300zxttkid »

Ok so your referring to in the "Operations" menu click Consult resync ecu maps?

Boost leak tester come in today or Monday, so hopefully next week I'll really be able to start messing with nistune.

Also I'm not sure if it's just VTC but around 4200rpms or so it feels like it is engaging and it make the car run lean for a second or 2 then back to 10.1
Also if I keep it at half throttle around 4200 in forth it feels as though it keeps engaging over and over again until i give it WOT.
-George
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There is a icon button with <-> at the top of the screen. this will pull up the sync option. Covered in the Type 2-4 quick start guide