Lets help each other out

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

jlinder

Lets help each other out

Post by jlinder »

Hello all,
I thought it would be useful to start a NIStune thread, where we could help each other out with tunning issues or any other lessons learned. I have been running my NIStune for 10 months now, and love it. I still tinker with the tune now and then, and usually make slight improvements.

I am running a S13 blacktop SR20 with 550cc injectors, N60 maf, and a FP BIG28 turbo. The tune that I have attached works great for me. It idles strong and the air fuel ratio is great at cruising (14.6 - 14.9) and solid under full boost (11.8 AFR) which is 19 lbs. Remember, I do live in Florida so we have 93 octane (sweet). So if you are stuck with 91 octane, you my want to pull the timing down just a hair.

I hope this helps someone get started, and I hope this thread will grow.
Attachments
Josh S13 SR20 550cc BIG28 N60 19lbs.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
jlinder

Post by jlinder »

I see that the bin file has been downloaded a few times. If you have loaded it how does it work for you?
Alrick

Post by Alrick »

I dont have an SR20 , but a CA18...

I downloaded your map just to view ur fuelmaps and see how u tuned it..
just to be curious :)
:D

did u test the car on a 1/4 mile already ?
jlinder

Re: Lets help each other out

Post by jlinder »

Hello all I have a new tune to post.
My setup has changed.

BUILT S13 SR20DET .040 over 9:1 comp 264 cams W/ 550CC inj, GT2871R
and Z32 MAF

93 octane @ 43psi fuel pressure (vacuum hooked up)

i hope this can help someone get started,
Josh
Attachments
JL S13 SR20DET 550CC GT2871R Z32 MAF.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
PL

Post by PL »

Hey Josh,

Sounds like a sweet setup for an SR. What changes did you notice when you increased compression and fitted the bigger cams? Got any dyno figures?

Thanks
Pete L
sr20truck

Post by sr20truck »

jlinder I downloaded your first posted map back in 2009 and used the fuel map only and my car has been super responsive ever since at 12psi on a stock setup. last year I went into a complete build and now am slowly working out the kinks to place on a gt2835r which I know will probably scare the hell out of me. I just degreed my bc 264 cams and my cas is maxed out in a direction while I need to advance 10ish more degrees. I think I have an electrical issue now. breaking out the fsm again. no help from several forums, all they seem to do is fight and call names amongst each other. just saying thanks for posting to enlighten us. Tuning to me seems very tedious, so thanks.

oh and Matt if you're reading this is there anything I could say to my friend who claims that Nistune glitches and can erase maps on its own? It has never happened to me.
PL

Post by PL »

sr20truck wrote:my friend who claims that Nistune glitches and can erase maps on its own? It has never happened to me.
Sounds like finger problems to me. I use it EVERY DAY and I've never had it erase a map! I think some people have trouble getting their head around the concept of how the maps exist in the software and in the ECU. As long as you keep things in sync then you'll be fine. If in doubt then re-sync before burn.

Guys who have done "ROM tuning" before generally have no problems. It tends to be the guys who have only used aftermarket ECU's who can struggle.

PL
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There are no glitches like that. If so they would be on the bug list and getting fixed very quickly.

I've put more checking in the later builds for stupidity checking ... things like syncing an ECU into the wrong base map and clearing out the previous map when changing address file to another ECU.

If you load a base image with maps from a different ECU it also picks up that now too. If that happens, use the copy maps button to move them into the correct base image