Cannot connect LM-2 to Nistune

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

Revtech

Post by Revtech »

skylinegtrhr wrote:Thanks for info Revtech, can You please tell me which version of Log works 2 are You using? Can You please send me Yours mts file which work? I can't see any other reason for my problem ...
It is the newest version available on the innovate site. If you cannot find it then let me know and I will e-mail them to you. These two DLL files: I placed in the system 32 folder and the nistune program folder from the logworks 2.

Hope this helps.
If you still need those DLL files then let me know :)
I just have to log on from my laptop to transfer files when I'm at home.
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Thanks again Revtech, I'm away from workshop these few days - can't wait to try this,
but ones more please what is procedure:
You first install Logworks2
then Nistune
and then copy dll files to Nistune and system32 ?
Is Logworks3 necessary ?

Do You have readings both on Logworks 2 and Logworks 3 with custom cable?
I only get on Logworks 3 as You can see in my previous post ...
Revtech

Post by Revtech »

Install nistune first

install logworks 2 second
Copy dll files from the logworks 2 installation to the windows system 32 and the nistune program folder. Replace the dll files over if it says the files already exists when copying and pasting.

tip:
Restart computer if you have to.

Logworks3 is unecassary. I uninstalled it.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'll make sure the latest LogWorks 2 DLLs are in the Nistune folder for the next release then

Currently I'm using the DLL files supplied with LogWorks 2 SDK (Software Development Kit). perhaps they are out of date?

There shouldnt be a need to copy DLL files into windows\system folder. Does it work still if you remove those from that folder?
Revtech

Post by Revtech »

Matt wrote:I'll make sure the latest LogWorks 2 DLLs are in the Nistune folder for the next release then

Currently I'm using the DLL files supplied with LogWorks 2 SDK (Software Development Kit). perhaps they are out of date?

There shouldnt be a need to copy DLL files into windows\system folder. Does it work still if you remove those from that folder?
You are right. Removed DLL files from system32 and it still works. So its actually only nistune folder that needs those dll files from logworks2 install folder.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

i'm confused since they should be the same... i'll check them again
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Geez I remember when I had issues here I think I lost 20lbs from stress on trying to make my LM-2 work with nistune...lol....I wish I were more computer illiterate but im not but I remember I had to past some shit into the windows32 or nistune folder to get it to work correctly and it would only them work serially and not threw the USB.
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Page 4 shows the files I had to copy and past to get things to work for me, I dont wish this on no one...If I were better at computer probably no big deal but I was lost...lol

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/foru ... 046&page=4
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

you previously had to copy to c:\windows\system32 folder because I copied the DLLs in there in older (last year) installation packages and that is why you had so many problems :cry:

but I only copy the DLLs to the nistune folder now so this is the only place where files need copying over at this time
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

2 Revtech:

Do You use this version of Logworks2?

http://www.tuneyourengine.com/support/d ... Works2.exe

it's version 2.0 beta from August 17 , 2005 or You use some other version?

and it after install has only mts.dll ( in attachment) , only if I install SDK then I get mtssdk.ocx ...

Can You please post Yours files that You are copying to Nistune so I can try them , and please if You can double check what version of Logworks You install
Attachments
mts.rar
(53.97 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Revtech

Post by Revtech »

skylinegtrhr wrote:2 Revtech:

Do You use this version of Logworks2?

http://www.tuneyourengine.com/support/d ... Works2.exe

it's version 2.0 beta from August 17 , 2005 or You use some other version?

and it after install has only mts.dll ( in attachment) , only if I install SDK then I get mtssdk.ocx ...

Can You please post Yours files that You are copying to Nistune so I can try them , and please if You can double check what version of Logworks You install

I bought the LM-2 in 2008 from innovate and used the CD that came with it. Logworks 2 is under the legacy folder. I'd assume this was the latest version that comes with all innovate CD's.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'll have a look at my LC-1 CDROM and see if I have logworks 2.1 there since innovate has removed all logworks 2 version from their website but still has the SDK there for it

I only have a backup copy of the logworks 2.0 here... since I didnt get the 2.1 version from them
Revtech

Post by Revtech »

^ logworks 2 in my cd was made in 07/08/2008
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Yes it works :D

as I suspected problem was in version of mts file so when I finally find my LM2 installation disc and install logworks2 from legacy folder and do exactly what Revtech wrote, everything start working .

My Logworks is 2.06 litle older than Revtech's but it work.

Here is a link for downloading this version off Logworks from our site download section:

http://www.nissan-club.hr/home/index.ph ... &Itemid=43

Sorry our English version of site is still under construction but I hope that everybody will find Logworks.

Many thanks to all : Revtech, Matt and Unisa Jecs ...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Looks like you win ... my version which came with the LC-1 is logworks 2.04, Updated December 12, 2006

I'll put the DLL from the 2.06 version you have into the next Nistune release then