Cannot connect LM-2 to Nistune

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:Post a debug log here and I can have a look. I've just gone through that thread and I'm a little confused in that he says that I need to use the new SDK when it comes out but then it should work currently if I can for ports using their SDK code

I'll put the code in anyway and put that in the release coming out
How do I post a debug log?

I think what he meant with regaurds to the "new SDK" is that it will become LM-2 USB aware? I dunno

Well now that I am using the serial out on the LM-2, I am able to select the correct port in Nistune File->Configuration whereas before I could not so thats a good thing, but now I guess we need to figure out why its blank, I need to send you that debug log once I figure out how to do that.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

File-Configuration-Debug logging

Then restart and do the connection to the LM2

Dont connect consult otherwise it fills the log up with other stuff

Saved to Program Files\NIStune\logs directory
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:File-Configuration-Debug logging

Then restart and do the connection to the LM2

Dont connect consult otherwise it fills the log up with other stuff

Saved to Program Files\NIStune\logs directory
Ok will do, thanks
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Heres the debug log Matt.

This is only connecting to wideband (LM-2), consult cable not hoooked up just like you requested.

(a) LM-2 wideband not showing any readings when WBO2 is selected, however it shows its connected but no readings appear in the windows
(b) No error message
(c) 91 240SX KA24DE
(d) Innovate LM-2 Wideband
(e) Just trying to connect wideband does nothing
(f) I also attached a debug log
Attachments
nistune-0722-2136.log
(9 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay I've been working on a fix! Its up tonight on the site 0.9.2.64

I've only got the LC-1 here to test on but I have replaced my COM port lookup functions when the 'Innovate MTS' wideband is selected

This will display the port (for my wideband MTS gives 'COM3' but for yours it should display the USB device).

After selecting it if you connect, it should connect to that device. Let me know how it goes and debug logs if still getting problems

I've tested with multiple COM ports just to make sure it works

I also found another bug.... its not really the fault of my code but normally I create two instances of the MTS class as ActiveX objects. This is to allow dual wideband functionality

Problem is that the second class, even though not initialised gets 'callbacks' indicating receipt of data. It keeps getting more of these each time you disconnect/reconnect the first wideband button. Slows down the data rate substantially after time. I've only found this now I have the LC-1 of my own here

So I've had to remove the Innovate MTS from the second wideband option to get around this. Dont know if anyone needs to use two innovate units simulataneously but its not possible for now from what it seems. Other wideband devices for dual mode are still fine
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:Okay I've been working on a fix! Its up tonight on the site 0.9.2.64

I've only got the LC-1 here to test on but I have replaced my COM port lookup functions when the 'Innovate MTS' wideband is selected

This will display the port (for my wideband MTS gives 'COM3' but for yours it should display the USB device).

After selecting it if you connect, it should connect to that device. Let me know how it goes and debug logs if still getting problems

I've tested with multiple COM ports just to make sure it works

I also found another bug.... its not really the fault of my code but normally I create two instances of the MTS class as ActiveX objects. This is to allow dual wideband functionality

Problem is that the second class, even though not initialised gets 'callbacks' indicating receipt of data. It keeps getting more of these each time you disconnect/reconnect the first wideband button. Slows down the data rate substantially after time. I've only found this now I have the LC-1 of my own here

So I've had to remove the Innovate MTS from the second wideband option to get around this. Dont know if anyone needs to use two innovate units simulataneously but its not possible for now from what it seems. Other wideband devices for dual mode are still fine
ok thats great!

BTW I also went ahead and purchased the Innovate Serial out cable for teh LM-2 and it works as long as I installed logworks 2 last it works with Nsitune, but i'll also give the 0.9.2.64 a shoot with the LM-2 USB and tell you if it works for me, thanks Matt.

I also included a debug log using the LM-2 serial out cable and the install of logworks 2 last as per the instructions from Innovate and everything appeared to work this way as well.
Attachments
nistune-0724-1253.log
(675.91 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay thats good ... so LM-2 works if you install Nistune and then LogWorks (must be a DLL file update inside the LogWorks package)

Hopefully this USB update should just work also. I'll have to include the latest Innovate MTS DLL with Nistune
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:okay thats good ... so LM-2 works if you install Nistune and then LogWorks (must be a DLL file update inside the LogWorks package)

Hopefully this USB update should just work also. I'll have to include the latest Innovate MTS DLL with Nistune
Actually the trick to making it work was installing the older logworks 2 version last.

The LM-2 comes with Logworks 3, and you can use both Logworks 3 and 2 but Logworks 2 must be installed last.
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:okay thats good ... so LM-2 works if you install Nistune and then LogWorks (must be a DLL file update inside the LogWorks package)

Ok matt I tried the new update and it didn;t work for me with the USB, so I went back to the serial cable and I can no longer view my wideband again :(....

Heres a log:
Attachments
nistune-0729-1058.log
(6.5 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thanks for the log

It tried to connect to 'COM3' which is why it didnt work this time

Unplug the serial USB connect

Please grab another log when you open up File-Configuration and attempt to select Innovate MTS and then the USB device (hopefully showing)

Then try a connect if the USB device is showing
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:Thanks for the log

It tried to connect to 'COM3' which is why it didnt work this time

Unplug the serial USB connect

Please grab another log when you open up File-Configuration and attempt to select Innovate MTS and then the USB device (hopefully showing)

Then try a connect if the USB device is showing
ok i'll try that.

Also Matt if you could please check out the thread I made over at Innovate its has some info in it you might find helpful, I also figured out how to get my wideband working again within Nistune which is also in the thread over at Innovate, its just easier if you skim threw page 3 and 4 here:

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/foru ... 046&page=3

In short this is what made things work again"

Im quoting myself here:

Guess what finally fricken fixed it! Literally I have been working on this today since 9:30am and it is now 10:21pm

Here what I did,

Copied:
1) mtssdk.ocx
2) mts.dll

from LW2

Then pasted them to the C:>Windows>System32 at which time it asked if I would like to replace the existing mtssdk.ocx and mts.dll (which by the way for what ever reason were not visible, I even did the whole show hidden folders and files and still it was not visible) but anyways I said ok and replaced them, went to my car hooked everything up and I finally got to see my wideband working with my 3rd party software at last.....again.

BTW this was with the serial cable, I have yet to try the USB since I replaced the above files.
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

If theres anything I can do to help, like getting you the

1) mtssdk.ocx
2) mts.dll

files from my LW2 CD I can do that, just lemem know, I dont really know much at all about this whole software stuff, im pretty lost to tell you the truth...lol
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

For getting the direct USB stuff running you will need the latest DLLs with logworks3 most likely for the LM2

Once you have this, hopefully MTS will then display that USB device both in nistune and logworks. This is what we are aiming for at the moment

If the device displays and you can select it then in the next step you should be able to connect
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Hi Matt,
I also just bought LM-2 kit and also having problem with connecting. So any new news about it?
Or I should make custom cable just like our UNISA JECS(R34SKYLINE) describe on Innovate forum?
I check SDK on Innovate site but it is still version from 2005.

Does anybody have any other solution?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

you need to get from innovate (or make) a serial cable which connects to the LM-2

the USB just wont work with Nistune because innovate have not released a LogWorks 3 SDK for third parties like us yet