ECU come loose?

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Brett

ECU come loose?

Post by Brett »

I was driving to work this morning and was cruising along at about 3000rpm and then the tacho started jumping from 2000 to 4000 and car spluttering. This carried on for about 3 minutes then stopped 1/2km from work, so i gave it some noise and it ran clean. Got in car park and let it idle and every 15 seconds it would have a splutter and drop 50rpm till it stalled.
Unfortunately i couldnt see the diagnostic codes due to crap in way of ecu. I'll check the codes at lunch.
Could this be a bad connection from board to ecu?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

This is either the ECU or the CAS from the sounds of it

What you can do is pull the lid from your ECU and then
(a) check the board is pushed in all the way
(b) whilst car is running, wiggle the CPU connector on the board and see if that causes it

If you connect NIStune when you get home and see if it disconnects at all when its spluttering

Basically it sounds like an intermittent connection issue. If there was another issue like a board fault or software corruptions then it may cause similar symptoms, but I havent seen anything like that yet and it shouldnt just occur out of the fly

If the ECU code did corrupt, powering off the ECU for 10 seconds should reset and go back to the last burnt image