R33 Rb25det S2 launch button set up

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

taoe_wolf

R33 Rb25det S2 launch button set up

Post by taoe_wolf »

Hi Guys, I am trying to setup the moment button for my launch control and having all kinds of problems.

so here are the specs, 1997 R33 rb25det S2 (auto) running a Z32 type 2 ecu, now in the documentation it tells me to connect my not used power steering input to a moment switch that grounds to pin 60. all straight forward enough, now my problem is that I am retard and can't work out the next step.

On my R33 loom the power steering pin is 19 but on my Z32 the power steering pin is 34? my loom doesn't even have a pin in 34 lol.

So do I just connect one side of my switch to pin 34 (put a pin into it) or do I have to jump this across the pin 19? if I do need to put a pin in 34 does anyone know where to get the tiny loom ecu pins?

pin 19 on my z32 is (z32 fan / air regulator /cooling fan relay1)

I think I am really over complicating this for myself.
taoe_wolf

Re: R33 Rb25det S2 launch button set up

Post by taoe_wolf »

Ok guys update on the button problem...... well it turns out that I had a poor ground connection at pin 60 so that is sorted.

when I ground the wire I see the Pwr steer sw light come on in my nisture software so that is a success :)

Now the problem I seem to have is, when I select the launch control switch option and trigger the switch, light comes on in the nistune software but no flashing engine light?????

if I de-select it and check the other launch control option the light flashes? am I missing something here?

Cheers, James
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

With FP1 firmware, refer page 30 of the feature pack manual
https://www.nistune.com/docs/Nistune%20 ... 20Pack.pdf

Per the manual, there is a trigger on/off operation

So if you currently start with Bit 1 and Bit 3 ticked, then it will flash, and should hit the limit at 4800rpm (or lower) until it reaches 50km/h

If you have Bit 2 ticked, then should start flashing when the switch is pressed, and continue until it reaches the laucch speed (50km/h) or switch is pressed again (toggle)

In FP1.1 I've changed this to only function on switch pushed in

So make sure LC speed is > 0 and press the button once, and check for flash. If that doesn't work then post the file here and I can try it on the bench
Attachments
[Z32(VG30DETT) Z32 (Type 2) Feature Pack 1.0 (Version_ 5)].png
(196.43 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
taoe_wolf

Post by taoe_wolf »

Thanks Matt,

do I need to have bits1 / 2 and 3 checked at the same time, as I have tried having just bit 2 and 3 and when I depress the switch, I see the power steering sw go green in the in the consult view. but my engine light doesn't flash. do I need to set the launch speed to maximum to enable the switch?

Cheers, James
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

From manual:
Enable the Launch control tick box in the Feature Control Flags panel. This will provide the ability to use the following Launch Control (LC) parameters in the ECU.
So yes you need to have this (Bit 1) ticked, otherwise nothing will work. Just having Bit 2 / 3 only will not do anything, as launch control is not enabled

From memory it should not use speed, but I was advising setting this in case it still wasn't working. Just don't have it set to 0 (so default 50km/h would be fine)
taoe_wolf

Post by taoe_wolf »

Hey Matt, thanks for the information

I have now got it working, had a bad ground connection on pin 60, I have used my old auto (snow/power) switch to trigger it and it works fantastically.

On a strange note, when I turn my steering wheel at idle, my launch control will active and if I rev over 1200rpm and turn it again, I can switch it off........
but it doesn't trigger the power steering SW in the nistune software, I am wondering if I need to disconnect a wire at the loom?

Cheers, James
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Make sure to disconnect the steering wheel switch, since you are now using that input for launch control