Interesting log. Cold start bogging problem.

Results of any interesting tests done with or related to Nistune.

Moderator: Matt

Stinky
Site Admin

Interesting log. Cold start bogging problem.

Post by Stinky »

First some backround information. I've been having problems with the car warming up. It would start up and run fine for a minute and then bog down for a while until it gets a bit warmer. It felt like the timing was being cut back hard so I rigged a pot to the chts input and watched the timing while idling. Sure enough the timing was being bumped down to 15btdc at certain chts values. Obviously I had no way to know what the ecu was thinking under load. Enter Nistune.

So today I did a log and noticed the problem was especially bad. Looking through the logs shows that the timing is in fact dropped down to 15 btdc during seemingly random spots during the warm up period. The first occurance starts at about 22:07:39. It just dips to 15 for a few seconds and then comes back to a normal timing value. Very strange but interesting to see. Now I just need to find out why its doing it. I dont see any problems with the rpm, tps, chts, or afm signals to suggest an issue there.

BTW there is a quick second gear pull to 15psi starting at about 22:25:12. A few more heavy pedal pulls follow but nothing special.

This log was done using the updated bin (02/01/06) that seems to represent the correct ignition timing.
Attachments
1420_nt.csv
(849.38 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
1420_nt.log
(93.25 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
1420_nt.bin
(16 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Bernardd

A couple of thoughts

Post by Bernardd »

it seems to occur the moment you go over a certain speed. i know there's a trigger in the code to activate the maf cleaning only when the car goes over a certain speed (7mph?)

when you see the tps off signal turn on the timing returns to normal.

you have quite a bit more timing than stock at the lower rpm/tp scales, perhaps your are causing a counter to go over it's limit and reset?

perhaps it is relying on the timing vs temp table with the tps on and speed over x mph???

everything looks good otherwise............
1SIKZ31

Post by 1SIKZ31 »

Holy crap!

Im experiencing the SAME PROBLEM!

Timing is pulled back when TPS signal is on (Throttle open), its SO bad I HAVE to let the car warm up to a certain temperature (almost warmed up) before it will go back to normal.

When TPS signal is off (Idle - Closed Throttle), engine runs completely fine, but as soon as throttle is applying it pulls timing hard again.

Did you find a fix for it?
In the Works:
Z32 MAF
Holset HX35W
Custom 3 Inch Downpipe
AEM UEGO Wideband

Shooting for 400rwhp on the stock Longblock
9:1CR
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

Isn't the base timing of this car 15 deg? Why do you have 30 deg advance where the car is at idle? This should be closer to what the base timing should be.