94 Z32 NA auto ecu type 3 board, in a 92 Manual Z32

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

skperkins144

94 Z32 NA auto ecu type 3 board, in a 92 Manual Z32

Post by skperkins144 »

Like title says, I have a Z32 16 bit NA Auto ECU with type 3 board installed, from my NA2TT vert, the engine, harness, and ECU are being transplanted into a 91 Z32 manual TT car, I have searched as much as possible, and have inspected a friends TT ECU it appears as though the circuitry is the same for the ECU itself sans the A/C condenser fan, and Fuel pump driver circuit, by the looks of it, it will only operate the two at there high speed voltage setting and not have the variable speed as in a native TT ECU. On my end what do I need to do to make this work and not have a "Auto Trans" MIL on the dash? And is there something I am missing. Does the base image need to change?

Thank You....
Matt
Site Admin

Re: 94 Z32 NA auto ecu type 3 board, in a 92 Manual Z32

Post by Matt »

Interesting question. Base image may need to change, but I am not sure how a turbo MT base image will run on a NA AT ECU. There are other chips in the ECU with special coding which may require a certain base image. I have found swapping over different bases can cause other issues sometimes

For now try DTC filters and disable the AT flags to get rid of the CEL code and see if you can work with that
skperkins144

Post by skperkins144 »

Ill start there and update when I have some info, this is a first for me aswell.....
skperkins144

Post by skperkins144 »

Lol. Works great a/c condenser fan works(high speed only) fuel pump controller only works on high also. Other than that no dtc filters needed, there is a "at trans" fault stored in the pcm but does not illuminate the cel.