KA24DE HX35 950cc Injectors

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Boosted34

KA24DE HX35 950cc Injectors

Post by Boosted34 »

Hello!

I just got a new account, I have been using Nistune since roughly 2011 though. I have a 97 240 with a KA in it. Its had a build bottom end and turbo for a few years now. Decided I wanted to make some horsepower this year so I went to an HX35 and 950cc DW injectors. And I got flashed for the FP update (woo launch control).

I will be honest, even though I have used Nistune for a little while I don't understand all its functions. That being said.

I did the injector change in the software and tried to fire it. It ran amazing the first time. Then I kept getting mismatches and other errors so I decided to re-do the tune. It does not run for more than 10 seconds now. I have confirmed everything mechanical is correct.

It will start, sputter a little (I assume because I have not dialed in the latency etc) and run pretty well. after 7-10 seconds then I lean out so much it dies. After reviewing a log I see that "Load TPS Enrichment" (Is this supposed to be Load TP?? not TPS? Throttle position has its own selection..) spikes up as soon as I lean out and die. As soon as it dies I can start it up right away again.

What causes this TP to suddenly spike? What is this value actually telling me? What do I possibly need to change to make this issue go away? I have a feeling its going to be a really "duh" answer.. but I don't want to start changing things around and screw myself up more. If you need more information, or would like a screenshot/attachment of the log let me know.

Thank you guys!
Boosted34

Re: KA24DE HX35 950cc Injectors

Post by Boosted34 »

Update.. Sorry I was going off memory.. When it starts to run bad "Adjusted TPS Index" spikes, the actual TPS voltage comes up some too with this. So I think i'm back to square one.

If anyone has ideas on what I screwed up or has had this problem before let me know please.. Thanks
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Could you please post a log and your tune here?

When using feature pack, you cannot simply just load your old tune into the board. Because of the new parameters added, you need to use the 'Feature Pack' address file when it tells you it has found a mismatch (hit yes)

Also load in the 70F0F or similar feature pack base image and then File > Import your previous tune in and upload that to the board

I'm going to make some software checks to remove the mismatch message (too many people getting confused by this when standard Nissan ROM loaded but connecting to feature pack equipped ECU) as well as detect if standard/FP file is loaded from disk when doing File > Load
Boosted34

Post by Boosted34 »

Sorry I just got back on here and saw your reply Matt. I started from zero last night, did the maf change and inj change and made some adjustments to my latency. 950cc's @ 45psi I am at about 1000ms. I had to screw with the total fuel correction a little more and she got running ok. I am going to make a few minor changes tonight and get some better fuel then start dialing in the tune.

I don't know what I screwed up before but thanks for sticking with me. I should be good now I think. Thanks again!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've made an update to the software (new version 1.2.43) which will solve these issues with loading other tunes in now :-)