Want some advice

Results of any interesting tests done with or related to Nistune.

Moderator: Matt

Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

Ok expect your engine to blow up at any point with this tune then, its really really not good or safe.

I have done an alteration for you. The fuel map will still need allot of work but you may fine the ignition much safer. Number one rule is START conservative and then get more aggressive with the tune. If you hear pinging then back of about 2-3 deg on that cell.

http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/down ... dfully.bin

Ed
F3600

Post by F3600 »

ok thx for the bin.

I tried to bring the K value up and now i dont hear any ping. Nistune change automaticly my K value to 351. with that my car run poorly . I upped my K value till i didnt hear any ping (with my lower timing map & lower base timing)) and at around 490K the engine seems much happier (sound real better and less vibration and no ping while boosting or cruising.
My AF are kinda following the expected AF from the fuel map

I'm just wondering why i need a 490 K value while everyone need only around 350 370 K value.

ill try your bin to see if its run good i will try to look at it.

thank you for your time and help. I appreciate
F3600

Post by F3600 »

I looked at it and we got almost the same K value and injection latency.

My timing map was way lower hehe. I didnt wanted to blow up anythin so a lowered the stock one a lot when you told me to do so. The car seemed to run good but i bet i lost a lot of power. anyway with no intercooler and not shooting for major horsepower, just a nice drivability for the moment.

I took my sparkplug out today to changed them and they were in great shape. I hope i didnt do too much damage to the piston:Z

Anyway, i will continue to "tune" :oops: your bin to my need.

BTW, i actually bought some stuff to make my own methanol injection kit. Do you think it can replace and intercooler ? I could sell the kit and buy a simple intercooler core on ebay for almost nothing and do my own piping.. anyway this is out of topic.

thanks!
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

Intercooler is more important than you'll ever believe. It brings in stability and predictability to the whole setup. Turbo intake temps can exceed 150degc, this really is bad news. With a good intercooler you should see around 10deg or less above ambient. It really is free extra power.

All I did was smooth the fuel map and reduce the high load. The ignition map i altered greatly, obviously I cannot tune your car for you, but at least it should be safe(er) for you to begin with.

Traditionally cyl 3 melts first on nissan engines, It seems to be at least on all the problems I have seen (4 pots anyway not sure of others). I would do a compression check and make note of your engine now. Its a good reference to look back on in the future.

Ed
prushton

Post by prushton »

nice info ed :)

good thread
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

:)
F3600

Post by F3600 »

hey! My car is running pretty good with all your help. Thanks for the help:)

ps: sorry i didnt get to check the forum sooner ... been working a lot more this month !
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

That's great! Do you have another data log you can show of it now? Or when you get the time post it up I would be interested to see it. (with the map you now have)
F3600

Post by F3600 »

This weekend i'm gonna do some 3 rd gear log & post the map.