CALIFORNIA SMOG - NEED HELP!

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

SupSay Z

CALIFORNIA SMOG - NEED HELP!

Post by SupSay Z »

hey whats up guys,

i went to somg my car last week and i did a couple of pretests to see how it came out. on the first one, running extremely rich for some reason, she did horrible. my CO% at 25mph was measured @ 10.38, max allowed is 0.62. this in turn brought down the NO(ppm) to 73, max allowed is 955 and the HC(ppm) to 205, the max allowed for that is 108. this was with the car running a ~11 afr for some reason. the next time the car was at ~14 afr. the CO% came down to about 2.00 and the other numbers were normalizing aswell. however this is still a ways from what i need. one problem i ran into was that i wasnt able to get the afr any higher. the cells where maxed out. so i was thinking if i resized the injectors from 550 to about, say 580, this would give me a higher margin to work with and enable me to raise the target afr, correct? also i never changed anything regarding the timing, so that is stock, but it is stock for an n/a and i have a turbo. also another thing i did not find any info on was if i had to do a base calibration, sort of speak, for the timing. i mean checking it with a light and then inputing that so that nistune will actually match what i have. thanx a lot guys,

alex
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hey Alex

So you have done an injector upgrade from stock to 550?

One thing you can do whilst monitoring mixtures is adjust the K constant. This will change the 'base' mixture settings for your vehicle (so essentially your whole A/F ratio map will be changed)

The A/F ratios displayed in nistune are a 'target' indication but does not necessaraily mean you are going to get those numbers. Think of the map more of 'an amount to inject' in 'ms' pulsewidth

With the timing you need to ensure with a timing light that you are at the factory setting on your distributor (15BDTC for most cars) to ensure that your actual timing map matches this in the maps

The timing offset is mainly for CA18 which reads differnetly to on the distributor
SupSay Z

update....

Post by SupSay Z »

hey guys, whats up? i've been trying to somg my car for the last few days and i am very close but not quait there yet. the limit for CO% at 15 mph is .82, but if i get the CO below this number the NO (ppm) start getting above the 1125 max, but just barely. these are the only two tests that i had problems with. by the way, i have cam gears set to -3*. K value set to 263 and the injectors where left at 550cc. during the test afr was arond 15.5. any help is greatly appreciated guys.

alex