a32 maxima issues

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

maxstreets183

a32 maxima issues

Post by maxstreets183 »

Hi,so I purchased my board from autovaughn performance in the states,my ecu is 95at,I don't know if u remember before he loaded 96 base image and I had to send it back,u told me by email.so I had it for a while know and when I select vehicle it uses 95mt if use 95at it says mismatch file.
Next I can't find the fuel cut map,my car stays rich once I let off the gas goes to 10afr,and idle doesn't stay to stable,I read both manuals but it doesn't say how to get there.
Also I'm going over the manual to get a better understanding of this software and quite not detailed enough,is there away to call u and best time?
Also when I resize injecters and I hit factory cc it puts 370,when factory is 259.so the k constant is equal to 370 not 259cc.so dont know if it's doing right calculations.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: a32 maxima issues

Post by Matt »

use the latest 1.2.18 fixing detection of AT/MT models
my car stays rich once I let off the gas goes to 10afr,and idle doesn't stay to stable
Fuel cut/recovery tables are only for decel. Dont have these for A32 defined

Sounds like a MAF issue
http://nistune.com/docs/Nistune%20MAF%2 ... 0Notes.pdf
Still to add that TP min/max tables can be used to assist with limiting peaks and drops in MAF voltage. Graph your MAF , rpm and tp in stream mode logging on decel

Ok thought it was 259CC so ill update that. overwrite the factory with 259CC for now
maxstreets183

Post by maxstreets183 »

[quote="Matt"]use the latest 1.2.18 fixing detection of AT/MT models

i downloaded it,but know i dont see the theorectical pulse width minimun map before it was there,and i never saw the maximum one either before.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I havent got those tables for the A32 yet. Most late model dont have TP min. Only TP max
maxstreets183

Post by maxstreets183 »

So should I go back to the 1.2 that has Tp min but not Tp max?
I'm running z32 maf 600cc denso but don't have the latency yet I've been searching.
Car on factory tune just makes it drivable,it only goes to about 3krpm underload at afr in the 14s,today it went to 4krpm,if I full throttle just go extremely rich.
So when resize injecters and change maf ,car doesn't get enough fuel to turn on I have to bring up the k constant then I can't keep it steady goes to rich or lean at idle,then it seems to be making any real-time live changes only if I turn car and adjust and turn back on.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Like with S14 KA24DE it is very likely the TTPmin table doesnt exist in this ECU and the previous 1.2 definition was for a different table so it was removed in subsequent tables

I'll try and find TTPmax table next week and report back. My hand is in a bandage at the moment so I'm very limited this week what I can do
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've got Lenny emailing me directly about this vehicle related ... so I'll post it here:
It is my understanding that for the Nistune for A32 we are missing some key maps, which without them, we won't have a clean tune.
The ECU does not necessarily have these maps like with other model Nissan turbo ECUs. The maps in the ECU are not defined yet for display in Nistune because they either do not exist or have not been located yet
1 is the theoretical pulsewidth min and ttpmax
TP min table appears not to exist in this ECU, which means there is no minimum load limitation. I have found in similar models like S14 KA24DE it was possible to reduce the injection to almost 0 due to the absence of this table from the ECU. I did a lot of investigation into that ECU to make this determination. Therefore that should not cause any issues with A32 maxima. TP min is normally used to prevent undershoot of MAF voltage

TP max table is used for MAF high load situations and limits the max load readable. I’ll look into this parameter further. From memory JWT never used this table with their tunes
2 TP load recovery
From what I know there are no TP load/cut recovery tables defined in the ECU. I think since that this is an NA ECU originally there is no reason for Nissan to add an overboost boost cut like with turbo ECUs so therefore these tables to my knowledge don’t even exist in the ECU
With larger injectors I'm sure tuners might difficulty fine tuning things. Can you enlighten me on why we are missing these maps in the A32 Maxima.I know a couple people running Nistune in Maximas and one one of them claim that due to those missing maps, he's unable to attain a smooth tune. And he runs really rich in high RPM letting off the throttle with no way to do fuel cut or adjust ttp and load recovery.
These maps are not required for a smooth tune… apart from the TP max table, and only if it can be seen that load hits a limit on boost

When in the high rpm area, the Alpha/N table will need adjusting from a NA setup to turbo setup. In this case the values in the table may need lifting. This table is used to access the last row of the fuel map when TPS exceeds the given voltage in the table. Now the vehicle is going on boost it will exceed the previous values setup for a specific volumetic efficiency

If running rich in high RPM, I would like to see a log of the RPM, MAF voltage, AFRs and injection time. Only the customer with the issue can provide that log and sample of the current tune to assist me in resolving the tuning issues they are having.
maxstreets183

Post by maxstreets183 »

Since my car has been running with the stock tune I haven't bothered with it to much I thought I saw before but,it's not storing the maps on the Nistune board I hit sync it sync then I turn it off and put it back and goes back to factory map,I hit the burn into the board and it's mismatch and saids no I can't.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

You can only hit burn after performing a sync

For example, hit download to read ECU maps. Make changes to fuel map. Then you can burn (power cycle ECU after burn on A32 maxima ECU to avoid corruption)

If you burn and it says mismatch, then hit sync (upload) button to ensure current displayed maps are also in the ECU, and then try burn again
maxstreets183

Post by maxstreets183 »

I don't know if my software has issues i don't have this map (volt latency change)don't i need that?when i install the software i get like an error called jman
it saids (command line option syntax error.type command/? for help).
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Please uninstall and reinstall the software (Version 1.2.18). Sounds like something is messed up

With the error message please ALT-PRINT SCN to copy the error and then run MSPaint and Paste. Save the image and post it here (after doing the reinstall if the error still occours)
Attachments
a32.png
(20.45 KiB) Downloaded 4417 times
maxstreets183

Post by maxstreets183 »

on my laptop im still having the error code its something with my laptop,error code jman,it works fine on my friends laptop.
Any thing yet on the ttpmax?
I'm having trouble shutting down the o2sensor,don't quite understand as i turn the temperature up in the o2 constant and i then i check all the boxes in the change flags but don't know how u get the control flag on the fuel map.i just can't get the correct injector constant cause ecu keeps in 14.7.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I have to push out TTPMAX investigations until next week since I have some urgent issues to resolve at the moment. Big list of things to do and so little time

O2 feedback temperature should disable O2 sensor feedback when set to maximum (and after the car is restarted)

There is no O2 feedback control flag like the earlier model vehicles. With ECUs that have the VE map, the area of the fuel map which is 128 indicates the closed loop region. If you increase this to 129 for example it disables using closed loop updates on those cells

Watch your closed loop STFT/LTFT trimming on those areas and they should not update when you disable them
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

FYI going through the A32 ECU code today. I started with the Z32 300ZX 1996 code since this is later model and should be similar. So far about 6 hours spent on disassembly on both models. Should be getting closer to finishing tomorrow
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Any thing yet on the ttpmax?
Basically there is no TTPmax table. I found out some very interesting things. The Z32 1996, A32 1995-1996 and R34/WC34 RB25 models share similar ECU hardware and code

The Z32/A32 models have dual 64KB ROM chips to support the extra OBD-II code and also no DTC filtering parameters (but the R34/WC34 models dont have OBD-II but still have DTC filtering)

Both the Z32 and R34/WC34 models have boost input sensing which is used in conjunction with TP (from the MAF) for boost cut (if the boost sensor is disconnected, then the currently displayed TTPmin/max tables for R34/WC34 are actually TP limit / recover tables).

So there is actually a separate TTPMax table in the R34/WC34 code (so the Jap tuning software got this definition wrong)

There is no code for any TP limit/recovery or tables for the A32 maxima. Just the standard RPM limits, speed limits and safety (no speed input, so TP and RPM safety limits) which are already defined

There are also no RPM indexed TTPmin/max tables in the A32 maxima as I previously speculated. Code sections for this are missing for this particular vehicle, although R34/WC34/Z32 have these TTPmax tables defined (after RPM calculations) and used (after K constant calculations)

I'm still to hunt down a TTPmin table for R34/WC34 which I will do based from the Z32 code (given we know its TTPmin table so I'm comparing that bit of code next)

The now correct R34 TTPmax table looks like:
0 84 254 254 254 254 254 254 254 254 254 254 254 254 254 254

Basically there is no need to adjust this since Nissan has maxed it out above 800rpm from factory anyway

I believe my investigation with the A32 ECU is complete with no further changes necessary