Lambda limbo, what should I do?

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

djstatic

Lambda limbo, what should I do?

Post by djstatic »

Ok, so my R33 RB25DET with RB20 ECU on E85 has been really under powered so I installed a AEM UEGO to see what's going on.

Gauge says I'm really lean and it doesn't match the fuel map at all. The sensor via a DLP-I08 is different again.
what-to-go-by.jpg
(56.35 KiB) Downloaded 1255 times
This is the CSV for the DLP-I08:
afr1.csv
(356 Bytes) Downloaded 124 times
Is there something I can do (I have no idea what I'm doing btw :) ) or do I have to bite the bullet and seek a tuner?

Other info:
Installed a new Walbro 460lph pump and fuel filter a week ago
turbosmart FPR (can't confirm the actual pressure though, was set by boostworx about a year and a half ago)
700cc injectors
z32 AFM
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Lambda limbo, what should I do?

Post by Matt »

Your fuel map is just a bunch of numbers which are multiplied against K constant (and other enrichment items) to get a final injection pulsewidth. Do not expect the values in your fuel map to match your AFRs. Use the fuel map to change the fueling to achieve the desired AFRs by watching the wideband

The lambda numbers from the UEGO are obviously not matching the display. Check your translation in that file since it should match your display and the translation is incorrect

The LHS column is 0000-4990mv (0-4.9 volts) and the RHS is your lambda. This is not matching your gauge so you need to check where you got that translation from. The one I included in the DLP folder were volts > AFRs that a customer provided