86 NA2T project wont idle/pegs throttle then hits rev limit

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

sharpen047

86 NA2T project wont idle/pegs throttle then hits rev limit

Post by sharpen047 »

hey guys i recently rebuilt my engine, put 500 miles on it then installed a stock t3, walbro 255, 420 cc mercedes injectors and a CM 3" downpipe.
right now it throws a code 22 in nistune.
when i try to start it runs super rich, and bogs out till it basically dies then pegs like i am flooring the throttle till it hits 2200 is rpm, i know this is a maf symptom but dont know what to make of it.
i am basically running a stock 86t with 420 cc injectors with supporting mods. so i tried a few different injector settings like 375 k constant and several latency settings from 79-1000.
I am new at this and would appreciate any help. i know i dont want to tune with an error code, but at this point it doesnt even idle for me to check anything.
AFR seems to be about 10.17 with a ton of fuel mixture coming out of the exhaust.

EDIT: oh right i have also tried getting base maps then changing injector size with the same problem.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: 86 NA2T project wont idle/pegs throttle then hits rev li

Post by Matt »

Code 22 is fuel pump circuit I believe. Should not be related to the current issue

My bets are on some type or airleak or similar since the MAF is probably not reading the correct voltage if your K constant is correct.
sharpen047

Re: 86 NA2T project wont idle/pegs throttle then hits rev li

Post by sharpen047 »

I found my idle controls are wide open. But I don't know if this is normal because I've always had an idle adjustment screw on the non turbo controls. I can keep idle down if I partially plug the iacv pipe. I followed the xenonz31 idle control wiring guide. I'm pretty sure fuel pump circuit is from the increased draw from the new pump. Which leaves maf and idle controls.
Does anyone run stock idle control? It feels as if mine is stuck open and sucks in as much air as it can.