1993 Altima KA24DET

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

UNISA JECS

Re: 1993 Altima KA24DET

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:All crash reports in Nistune which could be identified have been fixed in the 1.0 release. Intermittent issues is a different story. If there were any firmware issues in the board then that could cause problems. Sending an ECU here is the best way to check it out of course, but debug log files help too
Next time I have access to that car i'll try and get a debug log file, basically with the calum ECU for me is when you go to download map from ECU it kinda hangs up but it finishes and then it displays the ECU part number and shortly after that like a matter of seconds it locks up, I can remember if and error message was displayed or not I know not much help but I think ill be seeing this car next weekend and i'll see what I can get to help give more info to resolve this problem.
gtobyd

Post by gtobyd »

SO..................... I've just been driving the Altima as is. But now that the weather is warming up here in FL she's being a PITA to start on a "warm start". If the car sits for 45mins to 2hrs after I was driving it fights me to start. Cold start is no issue (fully cooled down).

I decided to see wtf was going on with consult one more time since my external consult connector came. STILL doesn't connect or talk to the ECU. I checked the ground wire for the DLC (it's got continuity so that's not the issue). I checked for 12v Ign (guess what doesn't have 12v?!?). My question is, if I fuse a 12v line to the DLC with a .5A fuse, do you think that is a good idea to see if the Consult portion of the board comes alive? Or should I just trace everything back as for as possible and if it's all good say "screw it" and just unsolder the consult jumpers from the Calum board?
gtobyd

Post by gtobyd »

NVM..... I do have continuity on all wires from DLC to ECU as well as Power to the 12v ignition wire of the DLC. At this point I'm at a loss and I think it's got to be a driver/laptop issue on this car. OR I need to flash the daughterboard chipset, but I have no way of doing that since Calum has fallen off the forums
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

remove jumpers and board. try to connect to ecu in stock form using consult cable and work from there
gtobyd

Post by gtobyd »

UPDATE!!!!! I found a really really old driver on the Moates Website for theFTDI chips and now Consult/everything is working perfectly! Matt, I know you stated that my Altima ECU part number is one that isn't really supported by the softwware. Now that I have full connectivity is there anything I can download and send to you that would be helpful.