Nistune Formal Release 1.2.21 [update]

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Nistune Formal Release 1.0

Post by Matt »

If you use an R32 ECU (or when I get Z32 working) then that ECU too... I dont support the R33 ECUs
diehard

Post by diehard »

Are we able to upgrade the firmware from the nistune software or would we have to send the daughter board back to get the new firmware put on?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

You cannot reflash the board in the ECU itself via the consult port, so the boards would require removal and external reflash from ourselves or someone with a base image programmer
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Version 1.2.4
Move misc address files into separate folders
Fixes for Calum, DeviousKA and fan control addresses and display in Nistune
Add fan control bit flag table and hex display
Add launch control speed parameter,
Updated flex fuel memory addresses
Fix VTC region display for S14A
Add translation support for right click context menu display items
Flip O2 sensor display flag for CA18 (unticked = enabled)
Add flex fuel trim table to replace flex fuel 16x16 table
Reset pin to 0000 when vehicle selection is changed
Display knock voltage tables in intermediate mode
Add tooltip help when hovering over LHS tables/parameter items
Remove requirement for table title entries in address files and automatically determine
Add injector base time paraemter for specific models
Add collapsable table items (tree structure) to LHS panel
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I am starting to get numerous requests about the flex fuel/launch control updates due to postings on various forums

They are close but still not in final stages yet. I have been doing some testing and need to make further updates due to issues with fueling. This will take time so please follow this thread for further updates when available. Thanks!
raddy

Post by raddy »

what about issues with ve maptracing for n15 and others? Its really annoying and confusing that we cannot use ve table when needed... There are several topics open regarding this,it looks that tps scaling failed to calculate when max tps is under 500mV...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

It is still on my list to look into next. I've been hounded about launch control and flex fuel for ages now so am doing this at the moment so I can knock it off my list

VE table investigation was based from my R34 ECU but I will have to look into other models so that will probably take several full days to work out properly
nickbucher

Post by nickbucher »

Will flex fuel be locked to the zietronix sensor or will it be usable (with calibration curves like afm) with cheaper sensors such as the GM one?
Ben C

Post by Ben C »

nickbucher wrote:Will flex fuel be locked to the zietronix sensor or will it be usable (with calibration curves like afm) with cheaper sensors such as the GM one?

The zeitronix unit uses a gm sensor, it converts the sensors output to 0 to 5 volts. You can't just uses the sensor on its own due to its output.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Zeitronix just converts the flex fuel output frequency to a voltage (0-4.96 volt) which the ECU can use. The ECU inputs are normally 0-5.12v (9 bit A/D input) so some minor rescaling was required in the ECU code after my initial firmware write

I've got a couple of Arduino minis which I'm going to program up with the same thing as the Zeitronix does. I think we can do the Flex fuel input stuff for about $40 for the Arudino mini with plugs and about $60 or so for the continental flex fuel sensor (which I think are the ones used by Zeitronix, Haltec etc)
Ben C

Post by Ben C »

That's fantastic news Matt.

I am getting excited!
MJD5SS

Post by MJD5SS »

oOOoOo Launch controls :lol: :lol:
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Hope your able to fix the trace in the VE table, that would be so awesome!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes it will happen. One thing at a time... I'm finding I'm getting diverted from tasks and end up with a lot of half completed code otherwise :roll:

I'm gaining a lot of knowledge and increasing my disassembly listing whilst doing the launch and flex updates. This had led to better disassembly around the VE map areas in the ER34 and Z32 (95-96) so when I get to that part it will be easier for me to do anyway

So far S14A flex fuel (and S13) code has been done. I'm running S14 at the moment in my car on various flex/85 mixes. Currently about 90% done with the R32 code base. It does its calculations a bit differently (and Z32 has individual injector calculations so you could trim each one) so there is a bit of discovery going on
nickbucher

Post by nickbucher »

Is the s15 code as simple as the s13/14 code or does it need to be rewritten?