Nistune Test Release 0.14

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Nistune Test Release 0.14

Post by Matt »

Version 0.14
Fixed consult connection problem from 0.13
Added new address entries for SR20 models and support in software
Corrected address trace issues with several tables and fixed scaling
Add help tooltips support to constants and tables
Update English, German, French and Russian translation files
I use google translate on the base.txt file in the different translation files. Other translations have been updated after many new additions to address and translation files.

If adding a new translation make sure that %d (number) %s (string) %f (float) %X (hex) %02X (hex 2 digit) and %04X (hex 4 digit) are maintained in the updated translation. That these do is allow for adding values in the middle of a translation text string (for example "I have %d apples")

I've removed the Japanese translation file since I could not auto translate this one since Google removes these entries

Many new tables have been added and checked by hand. Most of them no one will ever need to change so are only available in Expert user mode.

Tooltip support (mouse hover help) has been added to some of the tables. I'm still to add them to the rest, but with over 200 values it will take some time!!

Been updating my disassembly for various ECU code bases to assist with my reverse engineering of the ECU code to add more features (eg Launch control etc) which is being worked on at the moment. More updates to come!
UNISA JECS

Re: Nistune Test Release 0.14

Post by UNISA JECS »

Nice that is a whole bunch of new stuff!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Putting documentation together at the moment for it. Bunch of training slides for upcoming workshop visits and then update the tuning guide and mapping guide accordingly
Torque

Post by Torque »

Having a look now ...
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Before this feature i was able to guess enough to get my ltft and stft in the low 90's now im able to get close to 100% for both by adjusting my Injection Latency and Multiplier....I should also note latency was the key to getting it to 100%....if you use the multipler to muscle the stft and ltft you'll quickly see how lean or rich you'll got once you road test WOT, overall the engine feels snappier and throttle response also feels more instant.

*If you have a lazy o2 sensor I would deff try and fix that problem, my P11 cycles fine as far as cross counts go at idle but I know a lot of B13 3 wire o2 sensor seem to act dead and not cycle at idle and S13 KA24DE 1 wire o2 sensors do the same, in these cases I would upgrade the single wire o2's to 3 wire and probably but a newer compatable 3 wire o2 if your car already had a 3 wire, but if you don't do that then atleast dial in your latency while idling perhaps at say 1,500rpm or until your o2 sensor comes alive and cycles.

UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

On a side note Matt can you figure out how to get the AIT working?
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Something I want to say about VE table

Well its obvious the VE table is a 16x16=256/2 = 128 and that the VE table mirrors the FUEL and TIMING table but it does not appear that you should alter the VE TPS Scale for instance making it match the scale of the FUEL and TIMING scales or else you will loose resolution so to speak.

I would look at the VE TPS Scale just as the name suggest a TPS grid so to speak whereas LOAD 128 is moreless equivalent to WOT or 5.12v less 1volt 4.12v

VE TPS Scale # divided by 512 * 4 + .12 = TPS voltage

Now for the VE TPS Scale there is no place that shows you the interpolation so these cant be exact in all cases.

Now your probably wondering about the .12v im not sure here but I do believe that if the ECU were to see over 4.1v at WOT weird stuff happens so it maybe ok to just add .1 I remember JWT talking about something to the effect of replacing the TPS if it read more than 4.1 at WOT. I'll try and find this post.
diehard

Post by diehard »

Nice update.
Looking forward to the documentation which explains all the new tables :D
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Not sure what you mean. With ECUs which have AIT there are probably extra tables to be researched here. That is ongoing work. Next step is to start on the definitions for the RB engines from the existing work and then continue with code modifications

Probably altering TPS scale is not the best idea. The hardware maptrace appears to match what the software tracing is doing
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:
Not sure what you mean. With ECUs which have AIT there are probably extra tables to be researched here. That is ongoing work. Next step is to start on the definitions for the RB engines from the existing work and then continue with code modifications

Probably altering TPS scale is not the best idea. The hardware maptrace appears to match what the software tracing is doing
Ok that cool just wanted to use it for measuring air intake temps thats all.......It does appear that 128 is the equivelant to WOT/Max TPS Voltage and shouldn't be altered or messed with, you know when you adjust the TPS sensor and then disconnect it and watch the voltage climb up until it maxes out then you reconnect it.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Basic documentation here for now. When I get time I will finish up all the tooltips for each table and add these to the RB series also
http://www.nistune.com/docs/Workshop%20 ... %20Web.pdf
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Version 0.15
Fixed bugs:
Add warmup timing, fix idle timing and add knock tables to VLT, Z31, CR31, S13 CA18
Remove batch definitions for VLT
Replace limiters with soft and hard for selected models
Fix add fuel table address for K11
Add high temp enrichment
Rename crank timing to warmup timing
Rename cold start tempto warm up timing min, max temp
Add feedback switches
Feedback to decel table
Fixup to Q45 and N14 address references
Dual emulator address offset fixes
Fix up for USB driver detection (Type 1)
Torque

VTC POINTS MIXUP (Z32)

Post by Torque »

Hi Matt,

I think the address file for Z32 is the wrong way round for VTC RPM ENABLE and VTC RPM CUT

In the below screenshot
RPM CUT should actually be at 4900 rpm
and RPM ENABLE at 5100 rpm

Cheers,
Andrew

WRONG ->
VTC MIXUP.jpg
(64.05 KiB) Downloaded 4981 times
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

the values create a hysterysis loop to prevent solenoid cycling.

engine revs to 5100, vct cuts out and doesn't reenable until a fall to 4900.

maybe reenable rather than enable?
Torque

Post by Torque »

Hi,

This setting (Off before ON) is used on the Z32 ECU to enable VTC based solely on TP.
And it is the wrong way round!
I'm sure RomChip / Eric know all the machine code behind it

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2326&p=16989&hilit=VTC#p16987

Cheers,
Andrew