bad tune or nistune

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Andy083

bad tune or nistune

Post by Andy083 »

Hi to all,

i have a problem with my timing after being mapped.

went to a tuner as my CA18det was rich at idle and lower revs so he did a fresh map which has resulted in the timing being about 30 degs at idle if you could imagine it had extra marks on the crank pully,timing belt and all a lineament marks are spot on and ive change the following plugs,coils,Cas,tps.still smells rich at idle engine shakes and drops a beat.he set the FRP at 3.5 bar.

mods:
tomei poncams
ported/polished head
1.9mm MHG
660cc inj
300zx afm
2871R turbo
Je pistons
h beam rods
billet steal knife-edge crank
acl race bearings
FMIC
drift works light fly wheel
excedy paddle clutch

he says the map is spot on however its always run sweet at idle 15degs at idle before the re-map.
But if i use a strobe light and set the timing back to 15degs the cas is all over to one side and set the FPR to 3 bar idles smooth
any ideas?
cheers
Attachments
H-DEV.bin
(16 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Last edited by Andy083 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: bad tune?

Post by Matt »

Can you post the tune here?
Andy083

Post by Andy083 »

i will today once i've done the window's 8 driver stuff,is it a case of copy and paste once uploaded to nistune through my pc?
Andy083

Post by Andy083 »

Matt wrote:Can you post the tune here?
Andy083

Post by Andy083 »

I had a quick look at map yesterday and noticed K constant was 300 and it used to be 450,

latency was 800 now 1170,

any one know why my timing is so advanced at idle ?

Confused that's why i paid a tuner to map car help!!!!!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Injector latency is very high for 660cc injectors. What brand are they?

The ignition timing maps for idle have not changed from 39F00 base (15 deg BDTC around 800rpm). Off idle timing maps have not changed around 800rpm (22 deg BDTC) either

Does the Nistune reported timing match the crank timing at all?

Injector multiplier is ajdusted from 183 to 300 for the MAF and the injectors so that is expected. A lot of fuel is cut out from the fuel map but if the FPR has been changed then this might be okay (?) if the AFRs on the dyno run were good
Andy083

Post by Andy083 »

Matt wrote:Injector latency is very high for 660cc injectors. What brand are they?

The ignition timing maps for idle have not changed from 39F00 base (15 deg BDTC around 800rpm). Off idle timing maps have not changed around 800rpm (22 deg BDTC) either

Does the Nistune reported timing match the crank timing at all?

Injector multiplier is ajdusted from 183 to 300 for the MAF and the injectors so that is expected. A lot of fuel is cut out from the fuel map but if the FPR has been changed then this might be okay (?) if the AFRs on the dyno run were good

injectors from USA, TFL performance not branded...
FRP is adjustable FSE brand..
i think they were ok i just let him get on with it,i did notice that while cruising my wide band figues were jumping al over the place 13-14

ref timing do i set the CAS to central where 15 degs should be then look at nistune gauges?
Matt
Site Admin

Re: bad tune or nistune

Post by Matt »

Look at the factory service manual for setting timing as it varies between vehicle. I think it might be 15 deg BDTC. You have to have the engine > 80 degC coolant temp and 800rpm when setting timing normally (at idle) so that crank timing matches the ECU (which should match the consult gauge)

It should be oscillating around 14.7:1 when cursing due to closed loop operation of the ECU for emissions
Andy083

Post by Andy083 »

Matt wrote:Look at the factory service manual for setting timing as it varies between vehicle. I think it might be 15 deg BDTC. You have to have the engine > 80 degC coolant temp and 800rpm when setting timing normally (at idle) so that crank timing matches the ECU (which should match the consult gauge)

It should be oscillating around 14.7:1 when cursing due to closed loop operation of the ECU for emissions

Hi,
Ran the engine to normal operating temp Nitune reads 15degs on all gauages.... where as the crank with strobe light reads 30degs at a guess as there are no markings after 20degs.

14.4-15 afr at idle
ricardomendes

Post by ricardomendes »

why you don´t talk to jez? because he usually help anyone, and i think he want a happy costumer.

now for the problem i think you need to take off the injectors because if you search that company in the google you can see bad things from them, like venon or venom injectors get them flow tested to see if the problem is from there, because them advertise the injectors are re-worked to the new flow....
Andy083

Post by Andy083 »

Yes i have heard that about TFL should of done my homework before buying grrr,i have been talking to jez and he will do the map again i just want to sort the timing issue out as its a 2.30 hrs mins drive from mine and don't want to mash the engine but will check everything again and again.

sorted Cas out timing is correct but still sounds lumpy at idle but have noticed my exhaust manifold gaskets have blown now.Would that have made the engine idle lumpy???