12.11 missing graph

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

bachig24u

12.11 missing graph

Post by bachig24u »

Hi Matt,
looking at a Z32ecu tunning rb25det yesterday and trying to figure out what was holding idle timing up.
discovered this graph not plotted.
z32-idle missing graph.png
(26.46 KiB) Downloaded 2487 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: 12.11 missing graph

Post by Matt »

There is a knock flag of '128' added to the actual timing values. If you right click and get filtered values (which remove the +128) then you will see the graph

In the raw view however the line falls off the top of the screen. It would be incorrect to increase the graph for that line.

What I will do here is make the line display the filtered values (which makes sense) all the time... even if the table above is showing the raw ECU value
Attachments
z32_idle_decel_table.png
(50.59 KiB) Downloaded 2472 times
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

why do we knock flag, after all it is idle/decel.

thanks, now I can see the mess that some one made with the idle table.

p.s I never used the 'right click' feature ...my bad.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'm not sure why Nissan has put those +128 flags in this table as I agree it does not make sense. We just display in raw what the ECU ROM file data contains
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'm not sure why Nissan has put those +128 flags in this table as I agree it does not make sense. We just display in raw what the ECU ROM file data contains
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

All good..

Found the issue, ecu doesn't run on idle/decel table for idle timing for some reason.

idle switch set to correctly. just under 0.5

runs on timing map, and in this case the knock map as the knock sensors were missing from the block.

strange thing though, no DTC or knock flash in knock panel.

a workshop in western sydney blew this motor up on the dyno two weeks ago after upgrading injectors to nismo 740's, customer came to me to as they didn't want it to happen with their new reco engine.
that's when I uncovered all the half done adjustments to compensate for common problems like leaking throttle bodies, faulty IAC circuit leaks, cold start too lean, latency set low because ttpmin too high and so and so.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'm wanting to put a warning window into the software to alert problems like DTC codes and TPS idle voltage at certain RPM level etc. Add some smarts in there to alert the tuner something is wrong with the vehicle

Z32 ECUs dont seem to always report knock sensor fault codes (I cant make them happen on my bench with no knock sensor connected for example)

Leaking throttle body is something PL mentioned yesterday because a workshop had a Stagea with a Chinese cheap TB on it. Was leaking air and causing issues. ECU was keeping steady injection time but AFRs were varying