posible bug regarding constants windows

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

ByReaL

posible bug regarding constants windows

Post by ByReaL »

when you click on a constant in the left menu, a window apears, if you click on a nother constant , the window for the first constant disapear, this way i cannot have for example K and void time both opened in the workspace and ajust them.

if this is not a bug and it is "as designed" and if other people think that will be better to be able to have more constants windows opened at the same time maybe the design will be changed. (it can be reproduce also in xxxxxxx13 version)
* Got CA18DET Love
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

this is a design thing.

normally i thought a user would only modify one at a time.

i can use the single/multiple selection in the configuraiton menu to dictate this simlilar to the maps/tables work
ByReaL

Post by ByReaL »

ok, no problem, i just read the documentation and said there something that when injectors are changed K and void need to be tweked, tried to open both windows and i could not, from here resulted this "bug"
* Got CA18DET Love
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

basically i didn't want NIStune to be like TunerPro.... where you are working on a vehicle and have hundreds of windows on the screen, making it more difficult to use

i think that is one of the main usability problems with TunerPro. the only reason why 'multiple windows' was added was so you could do stuff like have fuel/timing on the screen at the same time

the less stuff you have on the screen, generally the easier it is to manage. normally constants are only changed 'one at a time' and i didnt see the need for two to be open at the same
ByReaL

Post by ByReaL »

version xxxx14 fixed in my opinion
* Got CA18DET Love
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

yes i made this fix anyway. i had to do another change to constants window so i did this as well