Nistune 10.21 innovate wideband AFR?

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Torque

Nistune 10.21 innovate wideband AFR?

Post by Torque »

Hello,

I have an issue on my XP-Laptop and my Innovate LM2 WB/MTS-Chain.
AuxBox--->LM2-->Laptop

When I start NT, often the WB-Window stays blank and NT seems to stall.

Sometimes correct values are displayed in the WB-Window, but I can not change Lambda->AFR display.
(NT ignores this)

Opening the AFR-Tracer mostly crashes NT.

I have installed the latest Logworks version, and in LG there is no issue.

Strangely my other Laptop with W7/64 has none of these issues.

I tested all this without NT being connected to the ECU or the NT-Cable being plugged in.

Attached a log from the XP-Laptop. (tried changing Lamda->AFR here)

Any ideas? USB-Driver issues maybe?
Attachments
nistune-0904-2139.zip
(25.59 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Nistune 10.21 innovate wideband AFR?

Post by Matt »

So if the wideband window was previously open in a previous run of Nistune, and then when it auto opens does the software freeze up then? Was the log player or any other windows open at the time? If you close the wideband window and re-start Nistune does it happen then

With regards to Nistune stalling with innovate, that seems to be a problem with the MTS DLL provided by Innovate. We make a call to the DLL to connect, and then it freezes us up for several seconds until it is ready. If the units cannot be found for whatever reason then it takes even longer, upto about 6-10 seconds before we are able to function again

Right click on the WB-window (in grey areas) to show lambda values instead

AFR trace crash issue slipped through my testing on this version and was noticed later that week on the dyno. I've fixed that problem in 0.11 version
Torque

Post by Torque »

Matt wrote:So if the wideband window was previously open in a previous run of Nistune, and then when it auto opens does the software freeze up then? Was the log player or any other windows open at the time? If you close the wideband window and re-start Nistune does it happen then
Yes, that's what is happening.
The WB window is open from the start and locks up.
Matt wrote: With regards to Nistune stalling with innovate, that seems to be a problem with the MTS DLL provided by Innovate. We make a call to the DLL to connect, and then it freezes us up for several seconds until it is ready. If the units cannot be found for whatever reason then it takes even longer, upto about 6-10 seconds before we are able to function again
Ok, I will check if that .DLL is the latest version.
What is the name of that .DLL? Maybe I have multiple versions or something else is wrong.

As said this works fine on another laptop with W7/64.
So in principle it seems to work.

Matt wrote: Right click on the WB-window (in grey areas) to show lambda values instead
Tried it exactly this way, but NT does not change to A/R display.
Matt wrote: AFR trace crash issue slipped through my testing on this version and was noticed later that week on the dyno. I've fixed that problem in 0.11 version
Alright, I will test this version.
Thanks for the help.

Cheers :)
Torque

Post by Torque »

Hi Matt,

Are MTS.DLL and the MTSSDK.OCX file in the Nistune directory still required?
(I have these files in my directory but you said you are no longer supplying these?)

Also could you say on what MTS.DLL you tested please?

And I can not deselect "Display Lambda" which is really frustrating ..
An my other Laptop AFR is displayed, but I can not change it to Lambda.

Thanks,

Andrew
mts lambda.jpg
(123.86 KiB) Downloaded 3191 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Only MTSSDK.OCX is required.

Whatever the MTS.DLL which is supplied with logworks 3.07 (I'm still using the older one for now) is the one which I'm using with Nistune. Whilst the file may be there, it is the version which is 'registered' with Windows which is the kicker. You can deregister/reregister DLLs. Reinstalliing Logworks is the easiest way to do this
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Right click is broken on this window. Crap. I'll get onto that. One of the messages passed from Right click must not be making its way back
Torque

Post by Torque »

Hi Matt,

Thanks for that ..

I noticed that the MTSSDK.OCX you supply is a different version compared to the latest Logworks one.
(Though both files have the same size)

Is this of any relevance?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I use the mtssdk.ocx from their Software Development Kit (SDK) since I compile against this. That release of the SDK is 2009. Version of the file is 1.1.01 16/7/2009

If there is a later version it is not in their SDK and I may have problems compiling against it
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Finding this issue tonight on a new Win7 PC - Windows Firewall can block 'Innovate MTS' from being available in Nistune

If after reinstalling logworks still not showing then enable Nistune through the firewall (or disable the firewall on private network to see that this is the issue temporarily) if you are still having problems
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Fixed issue with right click not passing messages. Message handling disappeared in subsequent version somehow?