0.10.23 log player, input tracer, WB window

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

bachig24u

0.10.23 log player, input tracer, WB window

Post by bachig24u »

Hi Matt,
reviewed some logs tonight;

1. WB window doesn't follow the log file (playback).
this occurs when the keyboard arrow keys (left or right) is kept depressed to scroll through log manually.
WB window only updates when the cursor stops scrolling.

2. input tracer is only counting to 50 then starting again. This is critical for DAQ accuracy. when the counts are low I discard the adjustment for that cell.

3. input tracer cell colours are almost impossible to see the text fields in them (excessively bright).

are ther any explanations for all the new "batch" parameters on the forum?

KR Simon
Matt
Site Admin

Re: 0.10.23 log player, input tracer, WB window

Post by Matt »

1. Will check on this one
2. Input tracer collects 50 samples before starting next collection. This count is only used for averaging. Current is last sample, min/max is minimum/maxium sample ever collected. Average averages last sample over history but needs more work (on bug list). Should not affect DAQ accuracy
3. The current trace screen is grey shades vs white text. Are the greys showing up too white? I havent seen this on my various PCs (4 of them) so wondering how your contrast looks. I could try different colour text (um dark blue?) to try and make it more readable

Batch parameters are under investigation in the latest test builds. Appears batch is driven from fixed ms injection time rather than these parameters. Need more clarification from stu
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

If the count got to 50 (max) and it stayed there it would still mean the Data was useful.
could save the cell info from growing to 1000's and becoming too large to display.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes data is still useful after this many counts as it should wrap around. It is only used for the averaging side of things so current, min and max are not affected. I'll look into the averaging next after I get the PLX iMFD wideband coding finished tomorrow
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

e.g. I only use max value for Lamda and determine whether to change the map by the value of counts in that cell from input tracer.
low count 10 gets ignored, high counts 30+ I may adjust the cell in the map to make corrects.

what I'm saying is that if it gets to 50 then wraps around and the load moves, it will change to another cell, the one that wrapped at 50 may only now display a low count less than 10. Therefore is deemed to me as data I can't rely on to make adjustment. if the count stayed at 50 or went to 99 and stayed there, I could be sure that the max value seen in the cell was correct and adjust the map accordingly.