BOOST Controll - standard solenoid issue -s15

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

guricha

BOOST Controll - standard solenoid issue -s15

Post by guricha »

Hi guys as i remember some nissans could control the boost trough standard solenoid, so i just have question regarding S15, does solenoid works as the boost controller smooth?
unkn0wn

Re: BOOST Controll - standard solenoid issue -s15

Post by unkn0wn »

guricha wrote:Hi guys as i remember some nissans could control the boost trough standard solenoid, so i just have question regarding S15, does solenoid works as the boost controller smooth?
Every turbo nissan ive encounterd had an overboost or boost control solaniod installed.
I am also curious if the ECU could be repogramed to use this solaniod valve to run a higher boost level.

Even if the stock valves are shit, using the stock ECU to control a gready/hks/apexi boost valve (basicaly same device anyway) would certainly interest me.
But i guess this is something for an experenced Nistune person to answer, im not sure how much ther ECU has to do with controling boost.
guricha

Post by guricha »

unkn0wn wrote:
guricha wrote:Hi guys as i remember some nissans could control the boost trough standard solenoid, so i just have question regarding S15, does solenoid works as the boost controller smooth?
Every turbo nissan ive encounterd had an overboost or boost control solaniod installed.
I am also curious if the ECU could be repogramed to use this solaniod valve to run a higher boost level.

Even if the stock valves are shit, using the stock ECU to control a gready/hks/apexi boost valve (basicaly same device anyway) would certainly interest me.
But i guess this is something for an experenced Nistune person to answer, im not sure how much ther ECU has to do with controling boost.
as i know, some guys had success with standard solenoid on S15, and am really interested in this as next week i have to do few Silvias ...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »