Resize Injectors -> Idle /Startup ..

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Torque

Resize Injectors -> Idle /Startup ..

Post by Torque »

I resized my injectors and also adjusted the table
FIRST TIME INJECTION PULSE
by reducing all points by 33% which is the ratio my injectors increased.

The car starts alright, idle is fine however when I slightly accelerate and the car is still warming up I get
a bit of a jumpy reaction from the engine.

Once the car has warmed up everything is fine.

Would there be any other table to adjust?
Attachments
EnrichedCrank.jpg
(28.16 KiB) Downloaded 4915 times
exxon

Re: Resize Injectors -> Idle /Startup ..

Post by exxon »

does it sort of bog down until a certain rpm or throttle position? I was having that too. I adjusted the warmup timing table from 7 degrees to 12 degrees.

Helped with driveability. Much more enjoyable.
However it takes slightly longer to warm up due to cooler EGT.
Torque

Post by Torque »

exxon wrote:does it sort of bog down until a certain rpm or throttle position? I was having that too. I adjusted the warmup timing table from 7 degrees to 12 degrees.

Helped with driveability. Much more enjoyable.
However it takes slightly longer to warm up due to cooler EGT.

Yes, it bogs down but only until the engine has warmed up.

It could also be an issue with the Acceleration Table, I will have to investigate.

Changing the timing is seeking cure in a different area, since only the fuel side should be affected ...
nanook

Post by nanook »

"Changing the timing is seeking cure in a different area, since only the fuel side should be affected ..."

It can be an issue and may be your problem.

Here is the thread on it

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1614&p=12016&hilit= ... deg#p12016
PL

Post by PL »

I fixed this problem on a local car the other day. It was an Rb25 neo but he was using an RB20DET ECU. It's the warmup timing table. Stock values are 7 degrees - which kills power and makes driving while warming up a real pain. I changed it to 20 degrees and owner reports problem gone.

PL
exxon

Post by exxon »

PL wrote:I fixed this problem on a local car the other day. It was an Rb25 neo but he was using an RB20DET ECU. It's the warmup timing table. Stock values are 7 degrees - which kills power and makes driving while warming up a real pain. I changed it to 20 degrees and owner reports problem gone.

PL
Exactly. Like i said i changed the 7 degree values to 12. It still has a noticeable loss in power, but this encourages me to go easy on the motor till it hits op temp, and also allows the motor to still warm up faster, than if you bumped it up to say 20 degrees like PL has said. It's all up to you. Either will be an improvement.

Map is called "Warmup Timing", and will have timing values till 3000rpm. I believe this map stops being used at 65c.
PL

Post by PL »

Yeah, that's what this guy said too - it's a sluggish as hell until it reaches a specific coolant temp and then it suddenly drives normally.

PL
Torque

Post by Torque »

Hmmm ... that is not the case on the Z32ECU.

My car is not sluggish while warming also the warm-up timing is at 15 to 20 degrees.

So it might be another issue which I will investigate further ..
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

In my case, 15 and 20 made the car sluggish.

viewtopic.php?p=17007#p17007
Torque

Post by Torque »

Alright,

That is a lot of new information .. thanks!
I will have to go through it when I'm off work.

I always though target timing for idle is 15 degrees, warmup timing a bit more ..
Once off idle (in gear) the regular timing maps are used.

Also interesting that knock maps are used for normal operation?
exxon

Post by exxon »

Idle timing is based off "Idle/Decel RPM Timing". However at low rpm and throttle position, the warmup timing map is used till ~55 degrees. >3000 rpm also uses reg timing map, and after a certain throttle position it jumps to regular maps.

I found that i would have a very noticeable bog, when giving light throttle during warmup. Putting my foot into it or cruising above ~3000 rpm, the problem would go away, as the warmup timing table jumps to reg map.

I cured it by changing the 1000-2800 timing values to 15 degrees. I intially used 12 but i have found 15 to be a good compromise. Car is very driveable now when cold. Big difference from 7 degrees.
exxon

Post by exxon »

Sorry it changes over at what looks to be 65 degrees. There is a value called "Warmup timing TEMP max" which defaults to 65 degrees. Changing this to 0 would effectively eliminate the warmup timing table from being used as far as i can tell.
exxon

Post by exxon »

I'm not sure if you have covered this torque, but have your TTPMin values been adjusted. I'm fairly new to all this but from my understanding they are the minimum pulsewidth values the ecu will allow even if there is a lower TP value. It may be overly rich on startup/idle from too high of a TTPMin value?
Torque

Post by Torque »

Yep,

The min values are adjusted on my side ...
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

exxon wrote:Sorry it changes over at what looks to be 65 degrees. There is a value called "Warmup timing TEMP max" which defaults to 65 degrees. Changing this to 0 would effectively eliminate the warmup timing table from being used as far as i can tell.
Sorry, upper limit to have the timing table in FF60 used is 55°C across the years on all 300zx, NA and TT.
Of course if previous conditions are met according to the algorithm below.
Why are you telling it's 65°C !?

if Temp>55°C ==> regular timing map
if TempInitial<15°C ==> regular timing map
if TempInitial>35°C ==> regular timing map
else if Temp<30°C ==> regular timing map
so if TempInitial>15°C and TempInitial<35°C and Temp>30°C and Temp<55°C and TP<44 and rpm<2600 ==> FF60 timing table is used !!!!