Where is the bug list these days?

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

bachig24u

Where is the bug list these days?

Post by bachig24u »

Hi Matt,

Just wondering if you still upload the buglist spreadsheet these days..

was looking to see what had changed in the the last version to decide on upgrading or not.

regards
Sime
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Where is the bug list these days?

Post by Matt »

I'll put a list as release notes in to the next build with the revision history. Yes its worth being on 0.10.12 at the moment with some minor bug fixes in there
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

I just upgraded.

I wish I didn't just before a 30 minute testing session.

the over the top upgrade from 0.10.11 to 0.10.12 dramas;
deleted my gauge colour setup,
deleted my registration details
removed the plms cable drivers.
turned off debug setting
reset comms port settings my wideband

all of which took me 40 minutes to recover from.

nistune upgrade Struck again!!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

deleted my gauge colour setup,
deleted my registration details
turned off debug setting
reset comms port settings my wideband
Did you uninstall Nistune by any chance? This will remove ALL your registration details. You only needed to install over the top of the previous version. The installer is specifically written this way.

If you decide to uninstall then everything gets taken out of the Windows registry (as any windows program does)

If you wanted to keep your settings and uninstall in the future then save your windows registry for Nistune
(a) Run regedit.exe
(b) Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NIStune Developments\Nistune
(c) Right click and 'Export'

The registry file is then save to hard disk and can be recovered later by importing it back to windows
removed the plms cable drivers.
These are only removed if you check the 'Clean FTDI drivers' in the installer package. If you dont select this then the drivers are not removed. There is also a tickbox option for installing the latest drivers. FTDI updated their drivers so we are including their latest drivers with Nistune. However they are not windows signed at this point. I am going through the driver signing program this month with FTDI/Microsoft so we have signed PLMS and Type 1 drivers for future nistune releases

None of the above is unexpected/bug. Its what happens when you uninstall a windows application
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Installed over the top with the default setting in the installer except for also ticking "uninstall old plms drivers".

when I saw the option to install new plms drivers pre-ticked i assumed it would be seemless to uninstall the old and reinstall the new but I lost the plms drivers instead.

the plms drivers didn't get installed, instead I had to locate them on the d:\wherever\folder and force device manager to use them, but I only did this after I tried re-installing 0.10.11 over the top of 0.10.12 in a desperate measure to get a consult port connection running. Maybe that is what caused the loss of configuration of the gauges, wband, registration details. etc. But it all started with the 0.10.12 installer not installing the plms drivers after uninstalling the old ones.
Last edited by bachig24u on Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The problem with the drivers not installing automatically is it doesnt work on Windows Vista/7 at the moment since the drivers are not signed.

I've found that we need to get the FTDI drivers re-certified for the auto install to work. I'm getting this done at the moment but theres a process to follow

So still need to install via device manager in the meantime

Perhaps going back cause the registry key loss but normally should not happen unless the uninstall gets used
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

that explains it..

can you advise where the drivers are normally located as I only have an old copy on my data drive.

I'm unable to locate any drivers in nistune folder as we had in the 0.9.x series.

is the installer suppossed to copy them to a folder location even if it can't install them?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The installation location should be the same as before

C:\Program Files (x86)\NIStune\FTDI_Win2K_XP_Vista_Drivers
(win7/Vista)
C:\Program Files\NIStune\FTDI_Win2K_XP_Vista_Drivers

Right click on the device in device manager, browse, point to the above folder and then allow to continue with unsigned drivers
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

some times I should kick myself..

I forced W7 to find the drivers in the prog\nis\drivers\i386 folder instead of starting one folder above and letting it search subfolders.

arrrgh.
tastyratz

Post by tastyratz »

http://www.techenclave.com/operating-sy ... 45539.html
That might be helpful for those that struggle with unsigned drivers and a win 7 64 machine.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Shouldnt be necessary to do that, you just need to manually install and accept unsigned drivers. Anyway working on this at the moment