RB26DETT head with RB20 ECU/sensors

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

ST240

RB26DETT head with RB20 ECU/sensors

Post by ST240 »

My project has gone like so:

2009: RB20DET/Nistune
2010: RB30 w/ RB25DE head w/ RB20 sensors/Nistune. Upgrade 740cc z32 MAF, 6262 turbo.
2011: Tweaking.
2012: RB30 w/ R32 RB26DETT head w/ RB20 sensors/Nistune?

Will this work? I think damn near everything should line up.

-Injectors are top feed; impedance doesnt matter because I will be using the RB20 system.
-I'm of the understanding that the TPS are the same for the RB26 plenum or will bolt up the same.
-MAF - Z32. Fine.
-Ignitor/coils have been eliminated in favour of LS2/truck coils (w/ built in ignitors ;) ) for some big boy spark lol.
-Manifold can be made to fit.
-CAS? This is the big question mark for me. Will the RB20 CAS bolt right up to the RB26 head?

Anything else I've missed?

This shit is neat really. I've gotten so used to swapping my Nistune around from engine to engine. I think I might try retrofitting it onto the 4.2 GM LL8 inline-6 somewhere down the line. LOL!
PL

Re: RB26DETT head with RB20 ECU/sensors

Post by PL »

Nice setup!!! That should really get some results!

I don't have a definite answer to your Q, but I use the same CAS simulator on the bench for both RB20 and RB26, so that's a positive sign.

I gotta go visit a local workshop that does a lot of RB stuff this arvo, so I'll ask them about RB20/26 CAS compatibility.

Make sure you've got good grounding everywhere or that big IGN system will put electrical noise on your consult comms and you'll get dropouts and make your life hell.

PL
ST240

Re: RB26DETT head with RB20 ECU/sensors

Post by ST240 »

PL wrote:Nice setup!!! That should really get some results!

I don't have a definite answer to your Q, but I use the same CAS simulator on the bench for both RB20 and RB26, so that's a positive sign.

I gotta go visit a local workshop that does a lot of RB stuff this arvo, so I'll ask them about RB20/26 CAS compatibility.

Make sure you've got good grounding everywhere or that big IGN system will put electrical noise on your consult comms and you'll get dropouts and make your life hell.

PL
It doesnt even necessarily have to be a compatible part! The CAS just has to be able to fit on the head. Thats it! Lol.

Man i wonder if that big IGN system is causing the rough signal I was having with my UEGO logging? The thing is all my other logging including my gm 2 bar map sensor is fine :/.