A couple of issues :: v. 10.12

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

mdlesk

A couple of issues :: v. 10.12

Post by mdlesk »

1.) Sometimes the nistune won't connect. I can initially connect, but then it will drop the connection after some time and if I try to connect it says it won't connect, even though it's still on the same com port. I have to close nistune, turn the ignition off, leave it off for about a minute, then put power to the ignition and connect again and it works.

2.) Same as 1, but it also disconnects when starting the car (expected), but I can't reconnect after the car is started which makes logging impossible.

3.) I frequently get a bluescreen with the error: multiple_irp_complete_requests. This is an HP elitebook 8440p, which is running 64-bit version of Windows 7 Enterprise.

Note: I am using a real consult device and then I have a Dynex serial to USB converter from it to the laptop.

I am actively working to find a solution on my end and will update if I am able to figure it out.
CoZZm0

Re: A couple of issues :: v. 10.12

Post by CoZZm0 »

Prolific drivers could be an issue here. A lot of testing was done in another thread where particular driver versions were causing problems.

I always prefer to use an FTDI chip based converter as they seem to be the most stable, even at one time there was a driver revision that was causing lockups (not blue screens) that seemed like a nistune problem, but turned out to be a driver issue.
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

check your 8440p is running F20 bios code. It helps with W7 stability.

tap press F10 during post and check system info menu screen. could be F13 or older which was fairly quickly replaced by F20.

theres also a few self tests for hard drive and memory that can help eliminate the laptop as being a problem.
try DPS in the storage menu and the memory test in advanced menu (i think).
mdlesk

Post by mdlesk »

I tried my HP mini 1035 netbook and it works fine with it. I am running Windows 7 32-Bit on the netbook, instead of 64-bit. I'm not saying that is the exact issue, but I will continue to diagnose. I no longer get the disconnects when starting the car either.
HermaN

Post by HermaN »

What cable are you using? I had LOTS of dropping out issues on 1 car when it was running with an ECUtalk cable, switched to a PLMS cable and been fine since. Was quite strange as the ECUtalk one was perfect on all cars I mapped except this one. Been using the PLMS one with zero issues since, and the ECUtalk one is now my backup and is mainly used for bench testing these days.