Consult log issues with 10.8

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Apollo8642

Consult log issues with 10.8

Post by Apollo8642 »

Having an issue with 10.8 it's not allowing me the use of the consult log. The control buttons are there but no characters on them, and if I try to click on them nothing happens till I hit the record button, then the characters show up but are fogged out and also says "consult log view (idle)" at the top of the window, when I have the consult running on the car. It works fine replaying logs when I'm not hooked up to my ECU.
Attachments
nistune-0726-1823.log
here's a debug log just in case
(2.32 MiB) Downloaded 202 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Consult log issues with 10.8

Post by Matt »

Idle mode is when the log player was previously in playback and a consult/wideband connection was attempted but then aborted

Reattempt connecting to consult / wideband and then hit record to get into record mode, or browse to enter playback mode
Apollo8642

Post by Apollo8642 »

Downloaded 10.9 hoping that would have the fix in it the consult log view, still won't allow me to record any logs or anything while consult it running on the car.
Now when I connect to my wideband it's jumping all over the place from 19 to 32 afr with not having turned the car over today, I double checked to see if it wasn't and issue on my end with logworks and it's working fine.
Please help.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Now when I connect to my wideband it's jumping all over the place from 19 to 32 afr with not having turned the car over today
So logworks isnt jumping around and your sensor is calibrated? My innovate LM-2 looked fine today when testing (matched the screen) but I'll double check again tonight

What innovate unit? What ECU are you using?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay found the ECU S14_KA24DE_512
Apollo8642

Post by Apollo8642 »

I double checked my wideband before I posted nothing is wrong with the hardward or any connection and plus it worked with nistune yesterday 10.8
The consult log worked fine when I had 10.6 installed but sense I upgraded to 10.8 the conult view buttons are there but they are blank till I hit where the record button and then all characters show up but still can't use them.

My wide band is the Innovate MTX-L
I believe I have the type four board running the ka24de 23710-70F01
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Downloaded 10.9 hoping that would have the fix in it the consult log view
The fix list didnt have this item in it for 0.10.9 since I wasnt able to repeat the problem here yet
Now when I connect to my wideband it's jumping all over the place from 19 to 32 afr
it worked with nistune yesterday 10.8
So it was reporting fine in 0.10.8 but then started reporting random AFRs when running 0.10.9 then?

In 0.10.8 I've removed the Innovate MTS.DLL file and reregistered MTSSDK.ODX in the LogWorks3 directory but there were no Innovate changes at all in 0.10.9 at all. This has obviously got me puzzled since the updates were for logging issues only

If you can get me another log with only wideband connected (after recalibrating your sensor) I can have a look at that whilst in the meantime I'll check LC-1 and LM-2 on the bench but that particular MTX-L uses the later MTS.DLL file from the Innoate folder
Apollo8642

Post by Apollo8642 »

I got my wideband working right again I deleted the mtssdk.ocx file you put in and copy and pasted the mts.dll from logWorks and it's works flawless again.

Still having the consult log view issue!!! :(
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I got my wideband working right again I deleted the mtssdk.ocx file you put in and copy and pasted the mts.dll from logWorks and it's works flawless again.
This is not a good solution. It should work with just the mtssdx.ocx we supply (which comes from Innovate and using their DLL)

I suggest removing that DLL and reinstalling logworks3 which will re-register their OCX file. Let me know how that goes. I dont have that sensor here but have both others which I've tried without those issues

Will try the consult log issue again now
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

With the recording mode issue, click browse and select a directory. It only occurs on a fresh installation which is why I did not see it earlier. Once the directory is selected and stored then all good afterwards. I'll put in a fix to put a default directory in the software now
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Nistune later versions were trying to write to the log file directory C:\Program Files\Nistune\Logs recorded in the registry from older versions. Should be C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\user\Nistune\logs

I've made code updates to check these folder paths and update where necessary automatically