Daughterboard compatibility?

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

wally

Daughterboard compatibility?

Post by wally »

Hello people from Nistune

Well here is the thing, i currently have a S14 Silvia JDM with a SR20DE in it. I see that you guys in your webpage don´t have listed the type 5 board that will work with this model, so i was wondering if maybe the S13 SR20DE will do the trick for me or maybe another one from another SR20DE?

Any info would be great!
PL

Re: Daughterboard compatibility?

Post by PL »

Almost any of the SR20 ECU's would plug in but best compatibility (and easiest to get) would be S13 SR20DE cos it's NIStuneable and they run a dizzy rather than multi-coil.

Only a couple minor pinout differences. They do not run VCT though, so you'd need to control that separately but there are boxes out there to do that.

I won't list what they differences are cos last time I missed one and people got angry. So now I let people work it out themselves. They still get angry - but not at me!

PL
wally

Post by wally »

well i won´t be angry if you want to share your knowledge about the differences with me!, in fact is a lot easier if you do so please post the ecu pinout differences or tell me maybe where i can find them?
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

PL do they make daughter boards for the JDM n/a S14 ecu? Like a basic board where u just burn chips?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes there are some available on a Japanese website (not GRID, cant remember but if you google can find it) which did S14 SR20DE in EPROM style
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

When every I google S14 SR20DE eprom board I get lots of references to the DET 6 pages worth.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

Thanks that was like a needle in a hay stack for me.
HermaN

Post by HermaN »

How do you order from them? GRID accept PayPal, they have no order info on their site. Also, does anyone know where to get R33 GTS-t boards or R34 GT-R board from Japan?

Sorry to hi-jack the thread.