Max power nistune is capable of?

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

akurtzer57

Max power nistune is capable of?

Post by akurtzer57 »

I am debating if I want to run nistune on my next project. I am currently using in on my J30 maxima. But only thing im debating at is I am looking into making upwards of 600-800hp. The z32 afm maxes out at 500 or so. I was reading the FAQ section and said something about running dual z32 afm. How does this work exactly and will it work with a type 1 board?
Bernardd

Re: Max power nistune is capable of?

Post by Bernardd »

Put the z32 sensor element into a larger housing (pipe) to extend the mafs airflow capability. I do this with rb26 mafs and it works very well.
akurtzer57

Post by akurtzer57 »

How large of a pipe. What kind of power are you making?
FHCRSky

Post by FHCRSky »

Modified stock ECU with Nistune can run a 700hp rated Ford Lightning MAF (check drop down menu when changing MAF, as Ford Lightning MAF is listed there) in blow through setup (mounted on intakepiping after intercooler, but before throttle body). There are weld on mounts, so Ford Lightning MAF sensor can bolt onto intake piping. Some aftermarket Ford Lightning MAF's are rated to 800whp+, but not sure about the VQ tables for them.

Talk to BlueRB240, as I think he has done the Ford Lightning MAF with RB20DET, stock RB20DET ECU with Nistune -

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1582&p=10668#p10668

From BlueRB240 (mount for Ford Lightning MAF on intakepiping) -

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.ph ... nt=31&pg=1

Thanks go to BlueRB240. :)
iceblade

Post by iceblade »

Just had a look through the Lightning MAF's on that site.... which one is the 700bhp one that nistune supports???
FHCRSky

Post by FHCRSky »

I assume direct from Ford Racing Division or through Ford dealership.

Read this thread about aftermarket Ford Lightning MAF and genuine Ford Racing Lightning MAF -

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1694&start=0

I gather the part number in link below is for a genuine Ford Racing Lightning MAF and what is used with Nistune modified stock ECU -

http://www.americantrucks.com/ford-raci ... ssair.html