SR20DET voltage correction map?

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

skylinegtrhr

SR20DET voltage correction map?

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Hi is there any possibility that voltage correction map is existing in S14 SR20DET ECU?
I have problem that when additional fans are started and also we have to drive with light on that voltage is drop and of course car is starting to lean so is there any solution for this or we just need to put bigger alternator (any suggestion from what model ? )
MichaS14a

Re: SR20DET voltage correction map?

Post by MichaS14a »

I think you have a fundamental electric problem if your engine leans out if you turn on the lights or the fan. :shock:
As a workaround (test) you can put a new cable directly from the battery to the fans and use the original +-wire from the fan as a on-trigger with a relay. Then the fans get power directly from the battery and the original +-wire is only used to switch on or off.
Do net forget to put an appropiate fuse between the new wire and the battery.
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

New fans are directly on battery and don't have any connection with OEM fan or OEM relays as they have separate 60A relay and 80A fuse and they are controlled with Yashio controller.
and alternator is tested to OEM spec. Battery is also new.
But OEM spec is not enough for all this extra load. (just light are not problem but when fans starts problem emerge)
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Hm okay, but then I have no idea whats the reason for the problem if you have already a separate connection for the fans. I have never heared or readed that you must use an bigger alternator if you go on eletric fans.