Launch Control AVAILABLE for S13 SR20DET

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

skyline_stu

Launch Control AVAILABLE for S13 SR20DET

Post by skyline_stu »

Hi everyone,
I've created a launch control enhancement for those of you who have a S13 SR20DET's. It allows for full throttle launches on your Type3 equiped Silvia - great for those of you drag racing on standard tyres. The improvement in traction really has to be experienced to be believed. If your running slicks at the track this will give you a real advantage over trying to optimize RPM vs Throttle position vs Clutch slip. My 'test pilot' has given it a thumbs up, before all it would do was bake the tyres in the first few gears. Now YOU can get going cleanly without excessive, time slowing wheelspin.

Here's the link to the test video :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfuGsJmXQfo

It will only cost you $15 plus the P&H (express post bags are cheap & fast), your ECU or Nistune Type3 board will need to be sent to me for the firmware to be updated - you'll recieve back your original tune with the rewritten code.

Here's also a solution to international uses wanting my upgraded firmware for your S13 SR20DET Type 3 board. I can offer an exchange board (normal Nistune board prices + my AU$15 firmware upgrade + postage). I can offer a refund on the board upon recieving your current board (obviously minus the AU$15) after testing your Type 3 operates. It would be supplied with the STANDARD 50F00/50F05 base image, all you need to do is load your current file and resync. I'll Email you an updated ADR file and instructions for use

Stu

Any questions ? Send me a PM !!

Cheers,
Stu
Last edited by skyline_stu on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
louiswun

Re: Launch Control AVAILABLE for S13 SR20DET

Post by louiswun »

Nice mod !!!!
Is it only for S13 SR20DET Type 3 board ?
skyline_stu

Post by skyline_stu »

At this time, yeah.. But I'm working on other 'flavours' - what do you have ?

Stu
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

since you had this sorted, I'm sure that S14 / S15 should be the next ones. Bascially most of these ECUs are the same so would be good
steve_s13

Post by steve_s13 »

Great stuff Stu

Im definitely interested :) PM sent