Innovate test release

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Innovate test release

Post by Matt »

There is an update for Innovate W/B which has been integrated into the current TechEdge W/B data structures in NIStune

Software uploaded to the usual spot. The code is complete but I have no friggin way to test this thing. (In worst case, I can simulate the API functions by making stubs and trigger the data, but I need an idea of real data and functionality first)

The sensors claim to report AFR or Lamba. I really would just like to receive the AFR data but how is this configured on the sensor side? Any Lamda data is currently not used

The techedge wideband lookup tables for AFR, AUX1 and AUX2 can be used for the sensors

Innovate supports upto 32 sensors currently. NIStune will find the first AFR type sensor and map this to the AFR lookup table. It will then find the next 5V type sensors and map the first two found to AUX1 and AUX2

Other sensors are currently ignored

Please turn on the logging, and then run the software. You will notice from now there is no need to reregister the software either for version upgrades

Either email or post the logs here. The faster the response, the quicker this device will be supported!

Im next looking at the Zeitronix W/B sensor if they provide me the protocol info
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Awesome. I'll see if I can try it out tonight. Thanks Matt.
airdamien

Post by airdamien »

holy carp! you've made my week ;D

I'll be able to test on Friday... maybe Thursday.

turbo's coming back, and I've got all my ducks in row.

I do believe that the "LM Programmer" utility is where you tell it what to convert Lambda to. The display on the LM1 itself gives you the AFR for the fuel type that you've set, and the raw lambda.

I would tell you to just ignore the lambda value, as all you'd do is convert it to AFR for the given fuel anyways... unless somebodies trying to use a different fuel than gasoline ;D
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

well i dont know how well it will work yet. hopefully you get a 'connect' and streaming data of some sort to begin with. even if you cant start the car, but just the unit connected will help me know if the initialisation is all good.

but i just realised something - you need to install the SDK first since that has the OCX in there

i think the SDK registers this OCX also during installation. in a proper nistune release I will need to register this during install and copy the OCX into the nistune directory

Also I have reported error messages which should display. please let me know if these do and how it looks. unforatunetely you can have an error type for each sensor, but i only have one error display field. this might flick between a whole group of different errors quickly. this will probably need to be fixed up

I just read the LM doc about the programmer, so this sets in the firmware what type of AFR to use for the set lambda value.

I will have to check about NIStune trying to interpolate a CSV AFR table with the TechEdge and see if this is required for the Innovate
airdamien

Post by airdamien »

yeah, I just read through it as well.. pretty quickly..

you may be able to toss the ocx file in with your nistune directory, and reg it out of there.. or just do an include in your code.. ... on re-read.. you're already on top of this.

If I remember correctly.. you have to have logworks installed for it to work as well.. but couldn't find that in the docs.. but we'd have to do that anyways if nistune didn't support it.

I'll see what I can do about charging up the laptop and hopping in the car to see if it goes... but I'm working a 13 hour shift tonight, and two twelves the two prior days..

yeah, all they do is multiply 14.7 x Lambda.. you can change that for whatever fuel you're using... makes sense, really.

yeah, it's in the stable storage so that it'll read off of the display when you don't have a laptop in the car (at least on the LM1..)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

i'm going to have to copy the logworks dll along with the ocx with nistune. because there will be a dependency on that stuff being then when compiling and executing the binary
airdamien

Post by airdamien »

ok Matt, I've got all the stuff copied over to my 2gb thumbdrive, so I don't have to futz with the laptop too much to get it running.

I'll test in roughly two hours when I get home, and post up a log.
airdamien

Post by airdamien »

ok, tested it.. here's the log..

I only have one serial port on the laptop... I installed the SDK, then started nistune and flipped on my LM1... then tried to connect to it.. these were the errors..

then I fired up logworks, and it could see and read off the Lm1.. at the same time, the comport disappeared from Nistune.. kill logworks, it reappears ;D
Attachments
nistune-0613-0414.log
(2.47 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

I got something similar doing a quick test last night. When I start up Nistune I get something "An unsupported operation was attempted". Maybe this was due to not having the SDK installed? Once in Nistune if I try to go to the configuration menu the program just hangs. Hitting the Wideband button results in the same error as damien reported in the logs. I didnt have time to check but it also seems I'm having serial port issues like damien reported.
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Tried it real quick after installing the SDK. No more error message. I was able to connect to the wideband. The AFR display did nothing but I got what looked like voltage displays in the two little windows on the right. I wasnt able to connect to consult but that could be a seperate issue. I'll do more tests when I have time.
airdamien

Post by airdamien »

I'll try re-installing the it piece-by-piece tonight then.
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Ok did another test. I am not able to connect to consult with the Innovate version of Nistune. If I have Nistune connected to the wideband that com port doesnt show up in Logworks. I'm getting data because the input numbers change but it's not clear where they are coming from. I have the rpm cable attached so the built in inputs arent connected to anything but they might still be getting a signal from something? The AFR display reads 0.00 allthe time.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

04:18:11 statusbar: Valid Communications port not selected for MTS

I guess this happening when you select the connect button after selecting a serial port from the configuration menu?

This means that a valid serial port is not being collected from the config menu. i'll try my laptop with the one serial port

The list of serial ports in the configuration menu is dynamic. In that if you add a USB-serial converter or another device uses a com port then it is no longer listed as being available for use

What has happened here is that although a com port was supposedly selected, the port number was reported wrong (bug)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

bryant can you post logs? all the info is in there
airdamien

Post by airdamien »

ok.. well, I only have one serial port on that laptop.. but I can connect a usb-serial convertor.. I know it works with the LM1 and the Romulator already...

but for testing, I figured 'leave it out'...

you got it.. I'd select the only ser port in the config, hit OK and then click 'wideband'.