AFM offset configuration

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Stinky
Site Admin

AFM offset configuration

Post by Stinky »

Whats the current status on this? Can we set up our own offsets yet? My current adr file has this entry.

LEGACY_AFM_OFFSET=1

Last night I got a chance to try Nistune on the testbench. The voltage offset appears to be 2.0v on my ecu. This differs from the 1.5v I think we were talking about earlier?

Also, has anyone else checked to see if there is any voltage offset on the z32 ecu?

Here's some info from my tests.

Voltmeter read 3.08V
Nistune read .97V with resistors
Nistune read 2.98 without resistors

Voltmeter read 4.06
Nistune read 4.02 with resistors
Nistune read 2.01 without resistors

I noticed that the highest voltage I could get in nistune was 5.031V when the Voltmeter read 5.08V. I thought the max would be closer to 5.12V on Nistune?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

let me have a look at it tonight. from memory i decided on using millivolts because of using integers and made updates accordingly

so 1500 = 1.5 volts
Chris86NA2T

Post by Chris86NA2T »

Matt wrote:let me have a look at it tonight. from memory i decided on using millivolts because of using integers and made updates accordingly

so 1500 = 1.5 volts
is any more info available on this topic? i have an 88T computer that i will be installing Nistune into when it gets here. i have already been using a z32 AFM and i have removed the 3 resistors in the ecu to eleminate the voltage offset. does this mean my afm offset is now 0 and not 1500 as indicated in the 88t adr file? should i change the adr file value to 0?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay your current address file has
LEGACY_AFM_OFFSET=1500

change this to
LEGACY_AFM_OFFSET=0

or remove it altogether

this should give you a correct AFM reading. to double check after your resistor modification for running Z32 AFM - pin 31 on the ECU connector can be measured with a multimeter against ground

the value measured should match the display value you see in the AFM/MAF indicator on the guages
Attachments
R31-RB20and30-pinout.jpg
(182.74 KiB) Downloaded 1617 times