LC-1

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

zmyzgo

LC-1

Post by zmyzgo »

OK, I am ready to insatall the LC-1 in a permenant fashiopn in my Z32...I know where the sensor is going (low point on my split DP's...later to the fron to f my test pipes, asking Greg about any signicant changes in placement and accuracy?

Do any of you have a favorite map to how you ran the wires...any watch out fors, or this route is easiest...
thanks
Hal
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

follow the LC-1 guide in terms of placement. not too close to the turbo - try and keep it towards the cat converter otherwise it will be affected by air turbulence

make sure it points above the 3-9'oclock mark also.

Not sure on Z32 placement but I've got mine going straight up LHS of the engine and into the passenger area
zmyzgo

yup

Post by zmyzgo »

was thinking along those lines....however unless I have a bung placed in my test pipe, my split downpipes have an O2 bung just before teh test pipes....will that be too close? Alss like their A/F gauge/display and turbo timer.
FHCRSky

Post by FHCRSky »

I thought most widebands (including LC-1) use VW, etc Bosch wideband o2 sensor (LSU-4) that was designed to be used in stock o2 sensor location on a VW, etc???

Bosch LSU-4 wideband o2 sensor -

http://www.airfuelmeter.com/english/lsu4_en_sensor.htm
zmyzgo

way to high

Post by zmyzgo »

OK, you like physics more than I...all I know is the LC-1 has a good rep..I know that placement in the exhaust stream could be influential...Specialty Z, has their bung on the test pipe and I just received a response that they prefer the test pipe...probably ok if at the end of the downpipe...
don't want to damage or get bad readings before I change exhaust and other things...just rying to ge the NIStune down, so when upgrade I will be able to quickly get her tuned and the last engine built.
FHCRSky

Post by FHCRSky »

From what I understand, putting wideband o2 sensor down exhaust more, is like what Matt said and the other benefit is o2 sensor last's longer.
zmyzgo

I agree

Post by zmyzgo »

I just want to get this first tune done, so I am not so pig rich....then I will start the purchasing of all required parts and upgrade...move the O2 to the test pipe....would like 500-550 hp, more with race fuel, but stock fuel or mix would be steady/fun/and long lasting....
treese88

Post by treese88 »

Im placing mine in the testpipe - a few inches after the end of the downpipe. It is fine to put the sensor in your downpipe if it is only for a first tune. Just make sure not to keep it there to long or you'll be buying a new sensor in no time. I was going to do that but I figured I might as well get it all done at once then have to get a bung welded in at a later date.