resize injectors

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

"write data failed check hardware is NVRAM version" i click ok and it boots me out of consult.
I was getting this message when my ground connector was lose one in back of engine between firewall and engine head.
joos14

Post by joos14 »

ok thanks i'll check my grounds tonight
joos14

Post by joos14 »

All of my grounds are good. I copied all my settings back to factory s14 sr20det settings and went in and changed my injector size and changed my maf. My injector Kconstant looks better now and the false load went away but now when the car is idling the ignition timing is at 35 and idles rough I never touched the CAS when doing my injectors and the car always idle at 15 degrees no problem till now. I checked my tps and even pulled it off and put back in to make sure it was right and made sure my mark was right on. Still no change in the ignition timing. I hope once this gets straightened out I won't have anymore issues.
Any help will be very appreciated.
joos14

Post by joos14 »

here is what i have right now. please feel free to look over and let me know if something is off remember i have a z32 maf and 700cc injectors. i also did a data log of my car idling showing how my ignition timing is way off and idle is high. but i never touched anything to change timing
Attachments
kyles s14.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
joos14

Post by joos14 »

here is my data log
Attachments
jooos14_2010-01-28_2049_35.csv
(93.1 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
BlueRB240

Post by BlueRB240 »

joos14 wrote:All of my grounds are good. I copied all my settings back to factory s14 sr20det settings and went in and changed my injector size and changed my maf. My injector Kconstant looks better now and the false load went away but now when the car is idling the ignition timing is at 35 and idles rough I never touched the CAS when doing my injectors and the car always idle at 15 degrees no problem till now. I checked my tps and even pulled it off and put back in to make sure it was right and made sure my mark was right on. Still no change in the ignition timing. I hope once this gets straightened out I won't have anymore issues.
Any help will be very appreciated.
Whats your A/f with the car idling rough? you might have to adjust the K-constant with the slider bar. I had a problem with my setup going from 270-820cc and lighting maf.
[url]http://www.protech-fabrication.com/[/url]
[img]http://www.3rdgearvtec.net/Andys%20Videos/newsetup2sig.JPG[/img]
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

the TPS isnt used in the tp calculation as far as I know... so it wont alter your location in the load scale.. directly affecting tp is maf voltage and RPM..

however disconnecting the TPS to set base timing and idle speed is ok.. however if the wrong TP is being calculated as the minimum.. as in being stuck in the middle cells in the load scale it wont help and an adjustment to idle or timing would be incorrect..

did you use a wide band and set all your maps to zero and just use the k constant til you got good afrs in most of the low load fuel maps..

the TPS idle is normallset a 0.5 volts so the manual says just under that.. it can be seen in the dashboard screen under idle... f the tps is seen as closed or >0,5v.. but dont be foole cause it too can be relearnt by turning the ignition on and off 20 times..
joos14

Post by joos14 »

My a/f ratio is good it fluctuates from 14.5 to 15. I tried adjusting my injector multiplier to see if my timing would come down any and it didn't nor did adjusting latency.
joos14

Post by joos14 »

well i think i got somewhere tonight. i adjust my Kconstant again and then my latency once i had the Kconstant close and it seems to be doing ok my timing is back to 15 degrees. hopefully the next step is a base tune then a dyno tune.