resize injectors

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

joos14

resize injectors

Post by joos14 »

i just upgraded my injectors from 370cc to 700cc i went into resize injectors and hit ok then i started my car it ran for about 1 minute then shut off now it wont start back up. i tried redoing the process and still nothing just wont turn over wideband is sayin its lean after i get done cranking... i tried changing my fuel map and when i do a windo pops up saying "write data failed check hardware is NVRAM version" i click ok and it boots me out of consult.
any ideas or possible solutions would be a huge help, thanks
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

check at least one of your plugs... has it fouled whilst it was running for that one minute. might be the reason its not starting any more

the last problem with NVRAM write fail is a concern. restart the ECU and sync from it and then try small changes to two side by side cells in the fuel map. Still getting the error?

After this when you sync the maps back, check what your K constant value (injection multiplier) value was originally (before changing injection) and what it is now when you sync from the ECU. should be about half the original value

Does Nistune report ECU ID: xxxx REV xx when you connect to consult?
joos14

Post by joos14 »

well the first thing i thought was fouled plugs too but the car was running rich when it first started but right before it shut off it started running rough and the my wideband was spiked lean. then i realized i had my
IACV hose off my intercooler pipe so i put that back on and tried to restart and nothing. it does try to restart, also i checked for codes and i had a CAS code but idk how that is because the car was running fine before so i cleared it and it never came back on since.
joos14

Post by joos14 »

ok yes my plugs were getting fouled after running for that little bit of time. i cleaned them up and reinstalled them today. i resynced my ecu and yes it does say what i believe is the ecu part # then REV and i can now change my fuel map with no problems now. the only other thing i did notice was that when my ignition is on engine off and i have up the fuel map & graph i noticed that the gray/shaded cells were all the way to the right. ive never noticed them being over there before when the ignition was on and engine off until i had that problem the other night with the write data failed. the car did start back up today but i only let it start for about 30 secs if that cuz i just wanted to make sure it would restart and i didnt have time to tune it tonight.
nissangts

Post by nissangts »

Joo What is your injector deadtime?
joos14

Post by joos14 »

by injector deadtime do you mean injector latency?
joos14

Post by joos14 »

ok finally i had the time to mess with my car. i got it running tonight i upped my injector multiplier to 34000. and took my injector latency to 690us. car idles but its not a good idle. i did notice on my fuel map while the car was running my shaded boxes were still on the right hand side of the graph and when i rev the engine they travel up the graph. i have no idea how this happened but if i can figure out what causes this to happen it should fix my rough idle issue. its like the engine is getting a false load or something. also nistune kept displaying the same write data failed check hardware is NVRAM again and then disconnect from consult.

if it helps this is my list of mods:
BC 272/272 cams w/ springs and retainers
z32 maf
700cc inj.
280 Walb. FP
all shal perrish

Post by all shal perrish »

is your tps set correctly?
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

it does seem like a TPS issue...
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

when you rev the engine it naturally goes up in direction in the maps.. hence the RPM scale on the left.. however the load axis... or TP which is left to right.. your saying is incorrect..

I feel that your injection multiplier is still not correct it is too large... did already change the settings for the z32 maf ? and then the injectors ? cause maf resizing changes injector constant as well... and both need to be taken into account..best to read the tuning guide from pete.. reset all the cells and then just work with the K constant till you et the correct AFR's in the correct section of the load scales (TP) as you lower the k constant the grey cells should move left... however you must make certain that the correct AFr's are in those areas being accessed..
joos14

Post by joos14 »

I know that when it revs the shaded cells move upward my problem is that the load is wrong I resized my injectors and my maf has always been set to z32 I checked that several times. I try adjusting my kconstant and if I go so low or so high it stalls out.
all shal perrish

so, what is your tps set at? it is possible that this is a SUPER eazy fix, also is your base timing set right?
look at the easy things first.. 9 out or 10 times it is somthing SIMPLE that you over look
joos14

Post by joos14 »

Well when I put my new injectors in I did take half my intake off so I had room and took my tps off but I marked where it was prior to taking it off. The car ran great till the new injectors. What is the voltage the tps is supposed to be at when throttle is closed so I can check it on the nistune gauges and see if I got it right. I tried adjusting it last night and that didn't make a difference.
all shal perrish

my ka24de-t likes the tps to be set at .46 the best. i dont know about whatever you are using thought.. but for me that is were the tps is happiest
joos14

Post by joos14 »

Ok thanks I'll Check mine out tonight see if I can get it right. My engine is a sr20det s14.