Let's share your experiences to map a GTR RB26DETT!

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

bj226

Let's share your experiences to map a GTR RB26DETT!

Post by bj226 »

I got a Tomei System 2 mapping for RB26DETT (BNR32) for:

- Stock to 8.3 compression ratio;
- Tomei Poncam Type B 260 IN/EX 9.15 lift
- Nismo 555cc injector;
- Nismo Uprated Fuel Pump
- GTSS/34N1 Turbos

It should be a good base map to start from! The low-rpm and upper-rpm're OK but I find that it's too lean in the tranistion to on-boost region and sudden accel. Yet, the timing and other parameters seemed to be good reference. Trying to modfify the fuel map right now while sticking to the Tomei timing map for safety.

It's not very easy to find reliable tuner in reasonable charge in Hong Kong. Looking forward to learn from more experienced tuners here! :D
Attachments
BNR32_Tomei_S2.adr.bin
Tomei System 2 ECU for BNR32
(32 KiB) Downloaded 396 times
gunni

Post by gunni »

I haven´t mapped a RB26DETT using nistune yet.

but I did do one with power fc.
More about it here
http://www.gstuning.net/e_Xodus.aspx?id=39&MainCatID=20

It wasn´t all that different from tuning with Nistune to be honest as most of the setup is the same. MAF, Sensors and so on.

It has now run a best of 10.44sec run at 1.9bar boost

Try to datalog the transition if you can with AFR´s, then you should more easily be able to sort out the fuelling there.
louiswun

Post by louiswun »

This is the bin file download from my customer's BCNR33 GTR,
It has order from Tomei ECU with cam package.
Just for you to compare, I did not try this car !
Attachments
BCNR33 Tomei Poncam + ECU 24Nov2005.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
STATUS

Re: Let's share your experiences to map a GTR RB26DETT!

Post by STATUS »

bj226 wrote:I got a Tomei System 2 mapping for RB26DETT (BNR32) for:

- Stock to 8.3 compression ratio;
- Tomei Poncam Type B 260 IN/EX 9.15 lift
- Nismo 555cc injector;
- Nismo Uprated Fuel Pump
- GTSS/34N1 Turbos

It should be a good base map to start from! The low-rpm and upper-rpm're OK but I find that it's too lean in the tranistion to on-boost region and sudden accel. Yet, the timing and other parameters seemed to be good reference. Trying to modfify the fuel map right now while sticking to the Tomei timing map for safety.

It's not very easy to find reliable tuner in reasonable charge in Hong Kong. Looking forward to learn from more experienced tuners here! :D
GTR's like to be lean in the ramping stage, have you got a afr sheet relative to boost? we do a fair few GTR's and have 3 in ATM 2 of which make over 350awkw one is a 34.

I cant really post any maps up as my customers pay good money and i consider the maps thier property but im happy to help especially as your overseas..

GTR remaps are a great thing and to be honest are one of the best cars to remap (i tune any ecu so have no bias to any brand)

RB26's are happy to run relatively lean under full load and peak boost so dont be too scared (remmember timing is the killer).
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

The last GTR I mapped had a bad surge issue with some ball bearing turbo's. It did however make 455hp @ 15psi on a mustang dyno. This was at 11.1afrs and 20 deg's with 94 octane. While taking it home he drove into a guard rail on a bridge during an early snowfall. It's fixable and being further upgraded I'm sure I'll have at it again on the dyno in spring.
steve_s13

Re: Let's share your experiences to map a GTR RB26DETT!

Post by steve_s13 »

bj226 wrote:I got a Tomei System 2 mapping for RB26DETT (BNR32) for:

i may be over in Hong Kong tuning later this year fella, so I may look you up and say pop down

Ive done a fair few GTRs over the years myself (heaps on PowerFC and a fair new now using Nistune) results pretty much the same on either or ECU - only ECU i DO notice a smooth transisition is on more advanced ECU's such as Haltech, AEM, Motec (where naturally you have a much much higher resolution, well twice the resolution)

but you have a very nice spec there that will see nice torque and good power

Good luck on your quest