Can I move my nistune onto a different ECU

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

lukiss99

Can I move my nistune onto a different ECU

Post by lukiss99 »

Currently building a twincam RB30. Bought and installed the nistune into a Z32 ECU as I was going to use an RB25 head.
Now I'm pretty much convinced to go the RB26 head.
So can I just swap the nistune into a different ECU or has it been programmed to work specifically in Z32 ecus?
DDS

Post by DDS »

It will work. You will just need to have it re-flashed with the new code base for the ECU you want to run, along with another 28 pin socket to install it.
lukiss99

Post by lukiss99 »

Sounds easy enough.
brother_david

Re: Can I move my nistune onto a different ECU

Post by brother_david »

Has this worked out for you?

Im intrested since im doing the exact same thing, got an R33 gtst, building a RB30 w/ 26 head but i was planning on using the Z32 ECU since i've transplanted all sensors to the 26 head, such as temps, AAC valve (idle) etc etc, and just change the injectors, afm (twin Q45's) and then adjust the maps for the new engine.

Cheers!
Dave
skyline_stu

Post by skyline_stu »

You'll need a new base image programmed in if you use the RB26 computer.

The Z32 only accepts one AFM - use the GTR ECU, reprog the type 2 for a GTR and go tune on a dyno, be prepared to spend most of a day sorting out your tune though. If anyone suggests a full tune in an hour or 2 go find yourself another dyno/tuning shop.
Twin Q45's - shit, that's a lot of airflow potential. You'll need to spend some time sorting scaling and VQ map to get it to run nice. Been there, done that

Stu
brother_david

Post by brother_david »

Thanks for your help :)

Im running the Z32 ECU, solving the prob with 2 Q45 AFMs by using a Apexi SAF-C II which can add or take the average out of 2 inputs and send it as one output to the ECU, so that wont be to big of a hazard.

The last tune i made i ended up spending alot of days to get it perfect, RB25 w/ Z32 ECU. I own a tuning shop but its the first time i've tried out mix of RB30 bottom, RB26 head, RB25 loom, Z32 ECU and Q45 AFMs :P

Its sick really when you think about it.. What we do here is so far away from the 'Average Joe' :D

Building this one in the private garage and not the shop but heres how it looked acouple of sessions ago:
Attachments
Foto006 Motorrum.jpg
(158.87 KiB) Downloaded 2067 times