Questions about GTR32 Type II Board on GTR33

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

bj226

Questions about GTR32 Type II Board on GTR33

Post by bj226 »

Dear Matt, I'm using the type 2 board of GTR R32 on my GTR33. Now running on Tomei System 2 timing map to pay safe and made fuel adjustment with a Zeitronic wideband unit. It gives a safe and average run so far and more fine-tunning will be needed. I have the following questions:

1) I notice that when I accelerate, the A/F will lean out on every gear change and stepping down the accelerator again. with the learning, it gives a short period of stagnation during acceleration but it returns normal very soon. Is there any way that I can give a smoother pull? or is such a leaning phenomenon unavoidable and so I should simply run a overall richer map?

2) As I mentioned , the R33 and R32 use different O2 sensors actually and I need to re-wiring the o2 wiring after puting on the R32 sensors. The Front sensor reads fine but the reading of the Rear sensor looks a bit strange.. currently, I'm de-activiating the close loop and just run on the open map.

As I know the Zeitronix can simulate narrow band O2. Could I distribute the single narrow band signal simulated by the Zeitronix to the two narrow band inputs in the Nistune ECU for GTR32 as RB26 got 2 narrow band inputs?

3) Is the OEM Knock Detection and Knock map functions for the R32 Nistune board for working at the moment and pending your further work?

Thanks a lot !!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

1. Does it do this with O2 sensors disabled? Probably increase K for a richer map and see how that goes? Log it here also

2. Was aware of different sensors but not sure on wiring differences

You should be able to put the narrow band into both inputs on the GTR32 ECU and they will show the same to the ECU

3. OEM knock detection still pending further work but lower priority than it has been
Zuikkis

Post by Zuikkis »

There is one noticeable difference in R32 and R33 GT-R ECU's. R33 has ECU-controlled O2 sensor heating on pin 115, but in R32 the sensors are always heated so the pin 115 is not connected inside the ECU.

So, if you put a R32 ECU in R33, your O2 sensors will have no heating.

A clean and easy solution is to ground pin 115 inside the ECU, then it will work as expected.
http://www.z-power.fi/
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

thanks for the tip. this will be something to put in our FAQ
steve_s13

Post by steve_s13 »

thanks for that also, as im about to do this on a R33 GTR myself next week

Are there any other major wiring differences between both looms ??
Xanatos6969

Re: Questions about GTR32 Type II Board on GTR33

Post by Xanatos6969 »

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but it matches my issue the best. I am putting an BNR32 Nistune ECU in a BCNR33. What are the differences between the wiring on the 2 for the O2 Sensors? I have grounded pin 115 inside the ECU. Has anyone confirmed this will work? Is it true that the R32 and R33 sensors have different threads and/or connectors? Thanks for any help you can give!- Corey
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Xanatos6969 wrote:Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but it matches my issue the best. I am putting an BNR32 Nistune ECU in a BCNR33. What are the differences between the wiring on the 2 for the O2 Sensors? I have grounded pin 115 inside the ECU. Has anyone confirmed this will work? Is it true that the R32 and R33 sensors have different threads and/or connectors? Thanks for any help you can give!- Corey

http://www.nistune.com/equipment-products-type2.php
BCNR33 Skyline requires BNR32 RB26DETT ECU and O2 Sensors
bj226

Post by bj226 »

So, if I use R32 ECU for a BCNR33 with R33 narrow-band sensors in, the close loop control will work properly if I ground the pin 115?

I'm using wideband simulation now but keen to know it. Aren't the 02 signals from R32 and R33 O2 sensors basically different. I've heard that one is voltage signal and the other is resistance.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

That is correct with the line for the O2 sensor heater

Yes one is resistive and other is voltage generating. The ECU code has the same lean/rich trigger voltages for R32/R33 but you will need to check the O2 voltage input to the ECU with the different BNR33 o2 sensor in the gauges to see that it still stays in those bounds on the BNR32 ECU