more registers / adresses

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

chris2712au

more registers / adresses

Post by chris2712au »

http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/ecu-t ... -ecus.html

maybe they are of use to someone especially the knock ones..

Chris
eduardo

Post by eduardo »

That information is about 5 years old. First time I saw it on internet was in 2004
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

http://www.ztechz.net/id10.html

original guide above. Devin now uses Nistune also :D

basically back about 5-6 years ago there was only ROM Editor available and manual hex editing. Then LiveEdit came out about not long after which allowed realtime editing using emulators. However I started writing Nistune just slightly before Live Edit because I wanted to compare stock/tuned BIN files and then after getting an emulator also run the car with them, hence emulator support in Nistune

The problem was that RB30 ECUs had no consult for maptracing so an interface module based from an idea of a serial body control module which a VL turbo owner had put together. He uses memory mapping to communicate with the vehicle. After getting the prototype working we redesigned and switched to a USB module which had recently became available and got RPM, MAF etc from it. After gabe on HyrbidKA brought up the concept of Hondata using NVRAM for changing chip contents, I added the NVRAM to the prototype board with minor rewiring and we were able to change memory on the chip to alter its contents. That how the Type 1 was born :D The rest kinda followed on. We still use the original ROM editor address file format and handle the scaling etc in the software. I didnt like the XDF format which duplciated a lot of information for each entry which is flexible but not necessary when all scaling is the same inside Nistune
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

as you can see I am a newby when it comes to this side of the fence..