problem with nistune

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Zenki

problem with nistune

Post by Zenki »

If I open the wb 02 lh and at the same time the fuel map or the consult gauges->nistune stands still...

My notebook
IBM Lenovo R61i, 2x2Ghz, 2024MB Memory

enclosend an screenshot
Attachments
nistune_fail.JPG
(231.46 KiB) Downloaded 4656 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

noticed a similar issue on the weekend and going to investigate. seemed to be fine one time and then another time connecting just slowed everything down
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Oh, good, I have a similar issue. If I connect NIStune to my DLP-Board to log AFR & Boost, the sampling rate from the DLP-Board and the Consult too is going down. In my case it is not so bad that NIStune does not run anymore but it VERY slows down.
Until now I thought of a driver related issue but if I am not alone with the problem I wait and look what @Matt can discover. :)
Nissan S14a (SR20DET) :-)
Zenki

Post by Zenki »

Matt wrote:noticed a similar issue on the weekend and going to investigate. seemed to be fine one time and then another time connecting just slowed everything down
did you find the issue?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

is this only just in the very latest beta version? I haven't run in the car for a while and just noticed it

something is using a lot of CPU time and slowing everything down. Going to have a look this weekend unless I get some free time tonight/tomorrow night
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Matt wrote:is this only just in the very latest beta version?
In my case it happens with the latest version "NIStune Version 0.9.7.1b" and ROM Pack 2.1.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

thats what i was using at the time. seems that its happening only when wideband AND consult are used

and it doesnt matter what wideband unit since its reported on different units here ... I'll chuck it on the bench now and try to repeat whilst I've got some free time left

Wondering if 0.9.6.1 has it also? wondering what i broke :?
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Matt wrote:Wondering if 0.9.6.1 has it also? wondering what i broke :?
I can't remember this ever before the newest version. This issue is brand new for me.
I only noticed it by looking at the color band, which flows when the connection is initiated. Normaly the color band flows constantly and fast but with the newest version, if I made contact to the DLP-Board AND consult simultaneously, then the color band falters noticeable.
Zenki

Post by Zenki »

MichaS14a wrote:
Matt wrote:Wondering if 0.9.6.1 has it also? wondering what i broke :?
I can't remember this ever before the newest version. This issue is brand new for me.
I only noticed it by looking at the color band, which flows when the connection is initiated. Normaly the color band flows constantly and fast but with the newest version, if I made contact to the DLP-Board AND consult simultaneously, then the color band falters noticeable.
after this issues i installed the older version 0.9.3.6.1 and Rom pack 2.0

Wideband and consult gauges doesn´t work at the same time

what work is opening the fuel oder timing map, but the diagramm must be minimized+WB+AFR input Tracer+Data Log+Consult Display

BUT with Consult guages no way!

here an screenshot whats working

Attachments
15_06_09.JPG
(261.59 KiB) Downloaded 4534 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

spent a bit of time on this one. basically there are a lot of updates to the central gauge store and it was choking with the amount of updates and retrieval of data

i've done a fix tonight in how the data gets managed and its back to normal now and the consult updates in stream mode are faster than before also (and dont slow down when log player etc are opened)
Zenki

Post by Zenki »

Matt wrote:spent a bit of time on this one. basically there are a lot of updates to the central gauge store and it was choking with the amount of updates and retrieval of data

i've done a fix tonight in how the data gets managed and its back to normal now and the consult updates in stream mode are faster than before also (and dont slow down when log player etc are opened)
sounds good 8)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

release is up. let me know how you go with it. sorry it took so long, it froze up pretty bad
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Thanks!!! :D

I will test it as soon as possible. :)
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

So I am sorry but the issue with the slowing down appears with the new version too for me:
Every time I have contact with the DLP-Board and the consult at the same time, NIStune uses 1 cpu core 100% and my laptop is only usable because it has a Dualcore-CPU. The sampling rate is quite slow and stutters (but no wonder if 1 core is fully used).

Here is a screenshot from my test where you can see that 1 core is fully used after establishing contact with DLP and Consult and do a log record:

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay i'll look at the DLP tonight .... i was testing only innovate and consult/usb consult last night and doing log recording/playback but I ran out of time to test the others

Run through DLP tonight and monitor the CPU and see what else I can do