problem with nistune

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

yep i see it. as soon as you start opening a few windows even with just DLP it all freezes up. okay im on it...
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Matt wrote:yep i see it. as soon as you start opening a few windows even with just DLP it all freezes up. okay im on it...
Thanks!
But its good that you have the same issue. Nothing is more problematic as if someone has a problem which can not be reproduced.
Nissan S14a (SR20DET) :-)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

its been fixed. too many refreshes for the DLP window. I did some optimisation for speed also whilst I was in there
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Thanks for the quick fix!
I will test it as soon as I can! :wink:
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Today I test the version 0.9.8b. :-)
Everything is fine now until I show the gauge display parallel with logging. Then it begins to stutter again!

1. connect to consult only: everything is fast and smooth
2. connect to consult and the DLP-Board to display e.g. AFR: everything is fast and smooth
3. connect to consult & DLP and make a log: everything is fast and smooth
4. connect to consult & DLP, make a log and parallel display the gauge window: everything stutters and slow VERY down.

So I asume that there is a little issue with the new code that displays the gauges with the ability to resize them.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

you mean 0.9.9b?

i'll try with the logging ... i was interstate at the time I was doing the changes so couldnt test the entire thing

im working on log replay etc at the moment so i'll check it out tonight
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Uh, I am so sorry... I tested it with 0.9.8b not with the newest 0.9.9b...

I will redo the test with the 0.9.9b from 29. June!! :D
raddy

Post by raddy »

following bugs finded in 0.9.9b

1, very slow ecu sync.
2, log player does not replay TP(MSB)
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

This morning I tested the version 0.9.9b. :-)

I don't have the problem with slow ECU sync. It syncs normal for me.

The log player does not play the log. If I click on the "Play-Button" the marker goes one step ahead in the log and then stops again.
The values from the DLP-Board (AFR & Boost for me) are okay in the log itself (verified with excel) but were not correctly played back with the logviewer. The AFR is fix on 10 and the boost is fix in -1.0.

The speed of NIStune itself is much better than with 0.9.8b but the cpu usage is again on 100% of one cpu-core. I append a screenshot from this.

On the screenshot you can see that the shown values from e.g. the AFR differs: In the Wideband-Window itself shows 15.00 and the consult gauges view shows 15.88 at the same time. Is there a refresh issue or it is the "tuner mode" which is slower than the "stream mode"?

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

sync issues with USB Consult (Type 1) are noted I've been running this version last night with my R31 whilst doing some road tests. I found they are probably double the speed than previously run which would be to do with thread speed I've changed, so will revert that

Log recording whilst doing wideband and consult seem to be working well now

but issue with the log player parsing logs during playback is being investigated. as mentioned in the other thread its my main priority to fix this
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Matt wrote: Log recording whilst doing wideband and consult seem to be working well now
Yes, thats no problem at all but whats about the extrem high cpu usage? I can't remember this with the older versions like e.g. 0.9.3.6.1.
Matt wrote:but issue with the log player parsing logs during playback is being investigated. as mentioned in the other thread its my main priority to fix this
Okay then it is in work. :)