Problem with log player

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

adamky

Problem with log player

Post by adamky »

I was trying to do some tuning this weekend with the latest Beta version 9.5.1b, and had an interesting issue when trying to play back log files. (S13 KA24DE ECU w/ type 3 board).

When viewing the log as it's recording, it looks fine. However, when I play them back, they look like this:

If I stop the playback, and scroll through the log, it looks fine. But as soon as I try to play it, anything to the right that is not on the screen just does this crazy zig zag pattern on everything in the log.
Last edited by adamky on Mon May 18, 2009 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

i did see this a long time ago but not for a while

if you close/restart the log player with that log file do you still see it? if so can you email me the log to try replay here?

that ones not a really repeatable log issue. I've noted it as an issue to investigate further regardless
adamky

Post by adamky »

If I close/restart the player, it still does it. I've attached the log (and e-mailed it just in case).
Attachments
NIStune_2009-05-10_1716_57.csv
(245.29 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

I noticed a kind of "zig-zag" in the display when I zoom in, and I associated this to the lack of sensors sampling per second (more sensors you add, less samples you have).
I noticed a bug in the log player though, when using << button, the cursor never goes to the left but it has the same effect than >>, it goes to the right.
adamky

Post by adamky »

RomChip200 wrote:I noticed a kind of "zig-zag" in the display when I zoom in, and I associated this to the lack of sensors sampling per second (more sensors you add, less samples you have).
Maybe, but I don't think that's the case. The Map trace when I am watching one of these files is all over the place. It will jump from one corner of the map, to the complete other side, and then just keep jumping around everywhere.
nanook

Post by nanook »

I'm having the same zigzag issue and also << moves the wrong way.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

i'll have a look into it
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

well the log file you posted itself is okay, ie there are no samples missing from the log.... thats the good part

the bad part is the display must be jaggered on your display in playback on your machine with this log?

if you reload this log file you posted, is it jaggered?

Also the log you have posted is different time/date stamp to the picture above

it isnt on either machine that i tried here on 1/4 view, making it difficult for me to diagnose

its something to do with the view when the < 1 X views are used and its not assigning a sample to each graph point

unfortunately im unable to repeat at the moment but will keep on trying
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay found it. doesnt do it during navigate but does during playback on 1/4 etc. trying to figure out why its doing it

taking a sample every 1/4 frame, but something must be overwriting the stored consult data for the other 3/4 frames which should be kept the same, now got to hunt down whats clobbering it :?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

fixed. i'm buffering the last read sample now and using that when oversampling. got rid of the jaggered part

also fixed the << button control
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Thanks again !
[b] Custom tunes S13/Z32/GTIR. First Z32 flex fuel (E85/unleaded) [/b]
[b] 300ZX Z32 '90 400ch 100% E85[/b]
[b] 200SX S13 '92 220ch 100% E85[/b]
[b] Audi S4 B5 '99 400ch 100% E85[/b]
nanook

Post by nanook »

Great Stuff
adamky

Post by adamky »

Cool, I'll try it later this week. Thanks!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've also added a 'Fit' button there... mainly for Pete from PLMS because hes used to the NissanDataScan squashing it onto one screen and the scroller just moves the red line through the values
adamky

Post by adamky »

Well, there's good news and bad news. The zig zagging has stopped, but now when I try to watch logs, the AFR's are showing up really low, even though they looked normal when I was recording it.

When I watch the attached log file, my AFR's show up in the 5's and 6's. I'm running the latest ROM pack and latest Nistune version from June 2nd.
Attachments
NIStune_2009-06-06_2006_03.csv
(174.88 KiB) Downloaded 166 times