VH41DE

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

datsunboy

VH41DE

Post by datsunboy »

hey guys, I got a friend with a VH41DE that I was telling about nistune, but only problem is, that he is going to be running Individual throttle bodies, so he wont be able to use a MAF.
does anyone know a way to use either a map sensor, or maybe just the TPS or something to tune it?
TSL

Post by TSL »

HKS used to make an electronic device which (from memory) they called a vane pressure converter or VPC.
It would take a map sensor and air temp sensor input and output an equivalent MAF signal.

To the best of my knowledge they are discontinued so you may try to find one 2nd hand somewhere.
XR Pilot

Post by XR Pilot »

viewtopic.php?t=634

^ Trying something similar to this would really be your only option. I'm not sure if you can do it on the later ecu's, but really it would be the only way. You won't get a strong vacuum signal with ITB's even using an accumulator which is why people use TPS fueling on ITB motors. From memory the map signal is ok at idle and up to 25% throttle or so but after that it rapidly saturates to 100kpa. At least thats what I remember from reading about how motorbike ecu's operate from factory with ITB's.
datsunboy

Post by datsunboy »

ok.....so that thread really gives us any clues....except that hes done it.

Matt....could I hear your opinion please?

what options do you have for the VH41DE?

how easy/different is it to tune via TPS rather than by MAF?

would it be better to run 2 4cyl Nistune ECU's? (but still have the problem with having to tune via TPS?).....but then we could play with turning off 4cyl e.t.c. 8)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

i dont know about his TPS tunes... thats all i can say there

i cant see many other options apart from MAF... so MAP is not an option. its one of those cases where i would have to suggest aftermarket
datsunboy

Post by datsunboy »

bugger lol.

what if I could convince him to put a plenum on the ITB's and have a MAF?

do you have an ECU that could run the VH41DE?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

i dont have anything here. its not one of our officially supported boards. i think those are EPROM based so might be Type 2?
datsunboy

Post by datsunboy »

hes dead against running a plenum lol
so guess hes gonna have to go aftermarket