AEM UEGO can't communicate, look up table needed

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Noodleman

AEM UEGO can't communicate, look up table needed

Post by Noodleman »

Hi, im trying to get my uego gauge to connect with nistune. COM ports are installed and should be right but i think i need a look up table for the wideband to communicate. I searched for the wideband file and did not see the AEM look up table file in it ( C drive in program files). Any chance i can find a downloadable look up table somewhere?
4x4le

Post by 4x4le »

Im trying to help someone out that is seemingly having the same issue as you. I personally am not familier with the aem widebands and I dont really care for them since before my nistune days, however since some people are using them I would like a good answer to be able to provide people with.

Matt, Do you know what could be causing the confusion?

Here is what the guy Im trying t help has said he has tried.
Step 1: wired up a serial db9 rs232 wire using red color wire to blue on the AEM. Then Grounded the Green wire. Not entirely sure its the right ones... but says so on AEM instructions.
Step 2: Used an adapter to convert to usb for my laptop and it came with a cd so i installed it correctly and now is a com 5 port
Step 3 : went under configurations in Nistune and clicked on the wideband selection menu and chose AEM UEGO and using Com 5 port which i have installed previously.
Step 4: Clicked on wideband lh button and eventually said does not communicate.
Thanks,

Brandon Ater
AVP
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

I have typed in the lookup table based on the informations in the AEM manual. Look at this thread in the middle: viewtopic.php?t=889

I connect my AEM through a DLP-Board with success. http://www.dlpdesign.com/usb/io8.shtml
Nissan S14a (SR20DET) :-)
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

I would first test it on a standard serial port.. if you can get your hands on a old laptop.. some usb to serial adapters are dodgy..
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Download (ttermp23.zip; 943,376 bytes)

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/ttermp23.zip

Save and extract ZIP file to folder, eg C:\teraterminstall

Run setup.exe

Select english

Install to c:\Program files\Ttermpro default directory

Start -Programs - Teraterm Pro

On 'New Connection' click Serial then COM port (matching the COM port of your USB adaptor/serial port inside Control Panel-System-Device Manager)

Click OK

Then setup - Setup Serial Port

Then enter the settings on the AEM documentation for the port and reconnect (Default settings 9600 / 8 bits / no parity )

Let us know if you are then getting AFR readouts on the screen

Let us know if you see these numbers first. If you dont then it wont work inside Nistune
Noodleman

Post by Noodleman »

Hey 4x4le, actually that was me asking this question over at ka-t.org lol (yashios14). Thanks matt i will give that a try and see if it works out.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

if you get the serial output on the terminal then Nistune will be able to read that in and display it

I dont know if anyone has got that bit with the terminal working, reading on here it seems most people seem to use the DLP converter and lookup tables with the UEGO

Make sure you put the lookup tables in the wideband/DLPconverter AFR file for that to work properly for you
Noodleman

Post by Noodleman »

Do you have to have the car on for the AEM UEGO to supply power to the port in order for it to communicate with nistune? The car is not turned on so the wideband isnt reading any numbers.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

most cases the wideband is connected to ignition system - so yes the ignition should be on for the wideband to spit those numbers out
Noodleman

Post by Noodleman »

just to rephrase so the engine has to be actually running in order for nistune and aem wideband could communicate? if not, im still having an issue connecting it using the program you provided and the settings given in the AEM documentation. Is it possible the wiring may be incorrect?
iaredam

Post by iaredam »

Noodleman wrote:just to rephrase so the engine has to be actually running in order for nistune and aem wideband could communicate? if not, im still having an issue connecting it using the program you provided and the settings given in the AEM documentation. Is it possible the wiring may be incorrect?
You shouldn't need to have the engine running, depending on how it's wired in, it should work with the key in the On position.
Noodleman

Post by Noodleman »

Yeah maybe its cause i have the wiring wrong cause i tried everything and the ports and settings are all correct... im lost here. As for the serial to usb adapter it has a led on it should it light up if there is data giong through it? Its not lighting up so im assuming it might be a wiring issue.
Noodleman

Post by Noodleman »

Update! went ahead and bought myself a dsub 9pin connector that you solder from a local electronics store. Soldered the wires onto pin 2 and pin 5 ports, then soldered blue wire to the pin 2 wire and grounded pin 5. Loaded up tetra term pro and then it connected! just wanted to make it clear for those who are experiencing connectivity issues
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

excellent. so nistune connects then?
Noodleman

Post by Noodleman »

yes it does! However it says something like "frame recover error" or something the first time i click on the wideband button but then if click it again it connects perfectly. Maybe it takes time to recognize the wideband logging.