Big power! 2871 sr

Results of any interesting tests done with or related to Nistune.

Moderator: Matt

4x4le

Big power! 2871 sr

Post by 4x4le »

I would also like to add that I just noticed the scanner cut off the tq scale on the far right. The tq and hp were not scaled the same and thats why it appears it does not cross at 5250. My tq peaked at 315 at about 6300

Short list of upgrades.
9:1 cp pistons
eagle rods
stock head and cams with greddy ras
greddy im
n15 tb
jgy fuel rail
msd 72lb injectors
dual 255lph walbros
nismo fpr at 4bar
gt2871r .86 @24psi
jgy light flywheel
e85 only
and NISTUNE
Tuned by yours truly

I really wanted to spend more time but I drove the car to the dyno and I didnt bring any extra fuel. I know there is allot of room for improvement down low but I just didnt have enough fuel to make it back if I stayed on the dyno any longer.
Im impressed. I havent seen such numbers on a sr with that turbo.

I will go back and focus on the lower rpms at a later date.

So what do you know. A new record for the 2871r sr combo?
TM_S13

Re: Big power! 2871 sr

Post by TM_S13 »

it does seem like a pretty nice result...
wasn't there a fuel station nearby the dyno ? lol
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

good work brandon!
4x4le

Post by 4x4le »

Thanks Matt. This is Brandon from AutoVaughn by the way...
TM_S13 wrote:it does seem like a pretty nice result...
wasn't there a fuel station nearby the dyno ? lol
No, no e85. It is kinda sparce around here.
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

ahhh too bad then...
next time you should take a cannister with you with some extra fuel heheheh
4x4le

Post by 4x4le »

I have a portable fuel station in the back of my truck. Next time Im hauling it there. I drove to the dyno yesterday.
steve_s13

Post by steve_s13 »

Nice results man.. and E85 is GREAT stuff. I gotta start using that more :)
4x4le

Post by 4x4le »

Thanks, that engine is dead right now. Sitting on the shop floor awaiting new goodies.
The oil sump broke........
PL

Post by PL »

Whoa - only just saw this. Good work Brandon. And it's even on a proper dyno! ;)

Best I've seen was 275rwkw (367hp) on E85. But that was with the 0.64 rear housing on 18psi. Most guys run 0.64 here as the 0.86's tend to be rather laggy on an SR. How was yours on the road?

Go the E85! :)

PL

PS: Get some cams into it!
4x4le

Post by 4x4le »

PL wrote:Whoa - only just saw this. Good work Brandon. And it's even on a proper dyno! ;)

Best I've seen was 275rwkw (367hp) on E85. But that was with the 0.64 rear housing on 18psi. Most guys run 0.64 here as the 0.86's tend to be rather laggy on an SR. How was yours on the road?

Go the E85! :)

PL

PS: Get some cams into it!
It was downright nasty honestly. Cams honestly would seem to be moving in the wrong direction. Hp, well i have enough but low end spool i want more of. I know the .86 isnt the best turbo for that. Lag never seemed to be an issue its just the boost/rpm threshold could be lower.

I also dont think I properly updated this but the shop with the dyno let me know a few weeks later that they did something to the dyno and it reads a little lower now. Im not sure how the calabration works on them but i guess it was a little off. Im bummed because i cannot re run to get current numbers but they assured me it wouldnt have lowered the numbers much.

I never paid much attention when the valve cover was off but im going to take a good look at the cams. I always assumed they were stock because i didnt change them but i guess it could have came cammed out from japan.

My next build is in order now. K1 92mm counterbalanced crank, k1 rods, arp main studs, wisco 90mm 10:1 pistons and darton sleeved block.
Everything else will remain the same for now aside from the s14 oil pickup and new oil pump. Im not looking for more hp, i do plan on running less boost but im hopeing to spool much faster.
PL

Post by PL »

Yes, that makes sense. We did a lot of work on my mate's SR and were always wondering if a 0.86 ex hsg would be good or bad. Everyone told us bad but I had one sitting on the shelf. One day it got the better of my mate and he just had to try it. Idea being that we'd dyno it before and after. He hated it so much that he removed it the same week. Never even saw the dyno.

You won't lose any bottom end/response if you stick with mild cams on an SR. It's just gains all 'round! We get 20rwkw every time with Poncams. Never seen a loss at any RPM.

10:1 compression with E85 should be an awesome combination! But I don't reckon you'll make it responsive until you bin that 0.86 rear housing...

Paul was getting full boost around 3800 with the 0.64 rear but reckons it was more like 4300 with the 0.86.

More info here if you're interested:

http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/custome ... 80sx.shtml

PL