Quickie: What .adr file to use in R33 RB25DET w. Z32 ECU?

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

not yet. I was contemplating next week doing it... just working through warm timing disassembly at the moment and sorting that out for various vehicles.
robots

Post by robots »

thats great to hear, Matt! TPS code upgrade would be awsome addition to nistune. We would be able to use r32/z32 ecus on RB25s without any problems then.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Attached is the HCR32 file

Ive tested this on the bench and it makes the TPS idle switch change when you hit the value stored at FFCE (change in nistune hex edit window)

Value is (TPS * 0.20) millivolts defaulted to 1 volt for now

something like
TPS_TRIGGER_VOLTAGE,&H7FCE,1,1,1,1

will be available in next version to do this yourself (address file will be in misc folder). Let me know how it goes

Z32 is more interesting and difficult... the TPS switch is used in 3 places in code. However if the TPS switch doesnt activate then if the variable TPS voltage goes below 2 or above 253 then TPS idle will activate

Im not sure if just modifying this threshold is enough. I might have to also modify where the original TPS switch flag was checked. I'll make some test builds up for people to try on a vehicle if they get time. Probably one build with minimal changes and another with more changes. This will eliminate the idle-> non-idle transition on existing Z32 ECU for R33 installs

*attachment deleted*
Last edited by Matt on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robots

Post by robots »

Sorry for silly question, Matt.
Is it enough to just do the hex edit window trick with r32 ecu or we need to burn new ent file onto the board ? Btw. Do you think you will be able to finish z32 ecu code any soon ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

the rom code is altered putting a JSR to a subroutine. the board needs to be reprogrammed with the ENT

we have overwrite protection in the existing code to prevent modifying code by accident (only maps allowed)

Z32 looking at next week now given the recent bugs raised against the latest beta I will have to give those attention this week
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

important update!!

dont use the rev3 file. I've clobbered one of the registers (best check its used before using it next time)

This will noticably affect the Air Cond switch at a mimimum (plus may affect other flags indicated on consult display).

Fix is now here...
Attachments
HCR32_RB20DET_11U00_MT_MEC-212B_R33_v4.zip
updated ENT for HCR32 ECU to drive RB25
(19.3 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
robots

Post by robots »

i will try it out next week) Thanks Matt! Will post up some feedback.
STATUS

Post by STATUS »

Matt wrote:opened up Z32(R33) merged file and copied maps into this one... regenerated and retested
Matt this one when i tested it today seemed to cause the car to cut out when revved, in fact the tps idle flag comes up at a particular tps position and it then missfires. I prolly missed something but i could not get the car to run sweetwith that ent file. Loaded 41p03 back in and all sweet.

I ended up using a old one and the car ran fine. Im not sure why either but i have not had this TPS issue everyone keeps talking about in this thread.... ive done 4 now, am i just lucky or is it ecu model specific?

The last few ive done were 41P03 and i moved a mixture of GTR and gtst maps across, kinda assed my way through the first one :) .
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

dont use the Z32 Rev5 one its broken. We only finally got this tested this week. I tried some more fixups but still no luck, Z32 ECU doing weird things on me now so I'll have to re investigate. I've pulled down the attachments in the meantime
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

im not sure either why some are having problems, I've had a few people indicate TPS doesnt work 'quite right' when transition from idle to off idle
robots

Post by robots »

Any more news or insight on that, Matt ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

sorry havent had the time to investigate furhter. still on my to do list. got a free week next week so see how it goes. I've got to do another Nistune release then also
robots

Post by robots »

Matt, any updates ? :D
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Z32 one is going to take some time. its confusing why it doesnt work properly. How much trouble are people having with the stock TPS settings?
steve_s13

Re: Quickie: What .adr file to use in R33 RB25DET w. Z32 ECU?

Post by steve_s13 »

FREE BUMP MATT

keep us all posted on your hard work mate

much appreciated

Thanks

Steve